Patron Services Associates provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external facing customers in alignment with The Dallas Opera’s mission and values. Core responsibilities include providing inbound and outbound sales services, proficiency in ticketing system processes and procedures, professionalism in managing customer service issues, and other administrative tasks as needed in support of The Dallas Opera’s overall operations.
- Conduct inbound and outbound phone calls for all subscription and single ticket sales campaigns, including subscription renewals and acquisitions.
- Maintain ongoing training and proficiency in Tessitura ticketing system and all standardized procedures to successfully complete accurate ticket orders.
- Professionally represent The Dallas Opera and promptly respond to patron concerns, special needs (including disability seating), requests and waitlist for series and seat changes, and refunds.
- Process telemarketing orders: flag orders with errors or missing information and return to supervisor for follow-up.
- Assist supervisor with seat inventory management and releasing holds in a timely manner as requested.
- With the approval of supervisor, process all comp ticket requests, including but not limited to staff, donor, VIP, chorus, guest artist, and press requests.
- Communicate patron needs and house seats to ATTPAC FOH staff and prepare Box Office for all live performances, dress rehearsals, Family Operas, and Community Outreach Events.
- Professionally represent The Dallas Opera while working the Box Office for walk-up and performance sales at the Winspear.
- Reliably and accurately manage Box Office cash handling responsibilities daily and at performances.
- Assist with preparing and mailing season subscription packets, single tickets, and performance information.
- Assist patrons with non-ticketing related information in lieu of a company receptionist, such as donor event schedules, visitor information, and finding meeting locations.
- Support Manager of Ticketing and Patron Services with other sales related and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as requested.
- Attend and actively participate in all team meetings and meetings with direct supervisor as required.
- Provide additional general administrative support to Ticketing and Patron Services, Marketing, and other departments as needed during periods of low call activity, as directed by supervisor. This includes, but is not limited to database maintenance, envelope stuffing, and other administrative work as assigned.
- Assist with education and other outreach events throughout the year, such as the simulcasts at Klyde Warren Park, Family Operas at The Dallas Children’s Theater, and donor events.
Traits and Characteristics
- Excellent customer service skills, empathetic and patient listener, outgoing personality, and positive attitude. Must be a self-starter with the ability to be proactive and foresee common issues to be dealt with in ticketing and customer service.
- Ability to multitask and maintain a quality of excellence in a time-sensitive environment.
- Diplomacy, good judgment, and timeliness in resolving patron concerns and issues.
- 1-3 years of experience in direct customer service required.
- Previous experience with Tessitura or other ticketing software preferred.
- Knowledge of classical music, opera, and Dallas arts and culture a plus.
- Office and phone hours are 9am to 5pm, with some Saturday phone hours 10am-2pm during production season. Some early morning, evening (sometimes through intermission of performances) and weekend hours to work during events is required.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20, 2020.
The Dallas Opera values diversity in the workplace and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment where employees are treated with dignity and respect. The Dallas Opera is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a policy of non-discrimination with all employees and applicants for employment.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply.