Partnerships & Events Manager
Normalcy. Dignity. Hope. – Christ’s Haven For Children is a nonprofit organization centered around these core values. We are located in Keller, Texas; and provide a trauma-informed, family model of care for displaced children, teens, and young adults. As a voluntary placement organization, we are an option outside of the foster care system, often when a caregiver has exhausted all efforts to properly care for a child. Whether a child is with us for six months or sixteen years, we utilize that time loving them as our own and instilling normalcy, dignity, and hope into their lives. As a Christian organization, our hope is that their time with us will help lead them toward healing from their past abuse and/or neglect.
We are looking for an energetic fundraising professional to join our team as the Partnerships & Events Manager. Reporting to and in partnership with the VP of Development the Manager will build and steward sustainable partnerships with corporations to support revenue goals and oversee all aspects of event planning and management.
- Work closely with the Development team to identify and leverage opportunities in respective portfolios to help cultivate new relationships (i.e.: individual leaders within our corporate partnerships, event sponsors that could support at an operational level, etc.) to build a robust prospect pipeline of corporate prospects that can make annual investments at the $10,000+ level.
- Maintain a portfolio of corporate partners and prospects to meet annual revenue goals.
- Contribute to and participate in prospecting meetings and pipeline meetings
- Cultivate corporate partnerships by learning and understanding partners’ philanthropic mission and working with partners to determine the best engagement and recognition opportunities.
- Ensure the successful stewardship of current corporate relationships by managing appropriate frequency of outreach, communication, appreciation and involvement.
- Work with staff and key volunteers to develop, execute and evaluate strategies to engage institutional partners through outreach, education, and invitations to special events.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing & Communications to create and implement donor communications and acknowledgement related to cultivation and stewardship of corporate partners and event sponsors.
Provide leadership for all facets of events including, but not limited to:
- Annual Golf Tournament - April
- Annual Open House - September
- Annual Fashion Show - October
- Christmas Season – Oct-Dec
- Third Party Events – TBD
- Develop event plans and ensure successful accomplishment of financial and operational goals.
- Responsible for all aspects of event production including timeline, site logistics, coordination of printed materials, online fundraising elements, peer-to-peer fundraising, managing staff/volunteers and all other aspects to create a successful event. Accountabilities include budget development, purchasing decisions, contract review for venue, catering, entertainment, décor and printing.
- Actively solicit donations, sponsorship and underwriting for all events to meet revenue goals. Work with and coordinate with development staff members calling and prospecting for new leads, securing repeat donors and increasing donors’ levels of giving.
- Develop, manage, empower and motivate volunteer event committees.
- Responsible for all post event reconciliation, follow up plans, and data analysis.
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of corporate and special event engagement using Salesforce CRM.
- Populate reports in Saleforce to provide regular portfolio updates and revenue analysis.
- Carry out any additional assignments or duties as assigned to fulfill the mission of Christ’s Haven for Children.
- Communication: clearly articulates information and ideas orally and in writing; inspires diverse audiences through compelling, tailored messaging; communicates with confidence and credibility; listens carefully and is responsive to feedback.
- Executes to Results: accomplishes tasks on time with high quality; accepts accountability and takes initiative; designs and plans to work to achieve desired results; prioritizes work and multitasks effectively; delegates responsibilities and holds others accountable.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: applies knowledge, experience, creativity, and critical thinking in solving challenges; looks beyond the obvious for answers; uses sound judgment to make well-informed, ethical decisions.
- Relationship Development: uses interpersonal interactions to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes and advance Christ’s Haven’s mission; demonstrates cultural/diversity competence; builds trust in critical partner relationships, both internal and external to Christ’s Haven; demonstrates personal presence and confidence when working with partners.
- Team Collaboration & Leadership: values individual perspectives and encourages sharing of information and ideas; provides inspirational leadership that mobilizes diverse groups towards achieving goals; builds systems and structures to facilitate collaboration across the organization.
- 5+ years of fundraising experience, preferably for a non-profit, with proven ability to close $10,000+ gifts
- Base of knowledge of all aspects of fundraising, particularly corporate giving, and a proven ability to deliver strong, measurable result.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a diverse team of volunteers to meet fundraising goals.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with an ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences.
- Proven ability to execute all facts of special events.
- Willingness to occasionally work irregular hours, such as early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to perform complex administrative duties, with little supervision, exercising independent discretion and judgment.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs and stand on your feet for an extended period of time.
- Be a faithful Christian, willing to sign and abide by Christ’s Haven’s Statement of Faith.
Job Type: Full time
Please forward cover letter of interest and resume to email@example.com