Department: Outcomes and Evaluation Consulting Services
Reports To: President and CEO
Founded in 1980, CNM is the largest nonprofit resource center in the state of Texas. CNM’s mission is to strengthen communities by working with nonprofits and other stakeholders to focus on results through strategic management and data expertise and leading-edge technology. In 2015, CNM launched Outcomes Consulting Services including CNM-pactÒ Services to help nonprofits of all sizes and missions achieve greater mission impact.
CNM is seeking an energetic, experienced, and expert professional to significantly grow its Outcomes and Evaluation business especially CNM-pact.
- Develop the strategic and operational plans for the department with the President and CEO.
- Partner with the President and CEO and Senior Marketing and Development Manager to obtain foundation and corporation funding.
- Prepare proposals and services agreements to generate department business.
- Manage the departmental budget and participate in Community Engagement Team meetings.
- Manage the CNM Certified program to increase client participation for greater community impact.
- Direct the work of a team of consultants and data specialists who are designing practical evaluation plans; developing goals and indicators, logic models, and data management plans; creating and/or revising data collection tools (e.g., surveys) and data entry systems (e.g., Excel spreadsheets); and designing and implementing data visualization dashboards.
- Provide strategic insights to clients about program performance for greater community impact.
- Coordinate with the CNM Dashboard Council to manage CNM’s internal dashboard.
- Update of department procedures for the CNM Quality Management System.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree required in Social/Behavioral/Health Sciences or a related field.
- At least 5 years of program evaluation experience.
- Related graduate-level coursework in program evaluation.
- At least 5 years of project planning and management experience.
- At least 2 years managing staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience consulting with nonprofits and foundations.
- Computer proficiency that includes Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong data management and analysis skills.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team including evaluators, researchers, consultants, and data analysts with a demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate an exceptionally high level of flexibility, organization, and attention to detail and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Commitment in words and actions to CNM’s mission and values – leadership, integrity, quality, teamwork, and stakeholder focus; department financial performance; and staff and client management.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and CV or resume to email@example.com. This position is located in Dallas, Texas. A reliable vehicle is required. Assistance with relocation expenses is available.