Optometrist responsibilities include:
- Performing comprehensive eye and vision tests
- Diagnosing defects of the eye, such as myopia, astigmatism, and glaucoma
- Prescribing medications, eyeglasses, and contact lenses
We are looking for an Optometrist to perform eye tests and provide excellent eye care to our patients.
Optometrist responsibilities include analyzing vision tests, identifying sight problems, and prescribing corrective lenses and eyeglasses. To be successful in this role, you should have attention to detail and be able to treat all kinds of patients with kindness and discretion, from young children to the elderly.
*Note that to be considered for this position, you need to be a licensed Optometrist.
Ultimately, you will ensure the accurate diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases and injuries.
- Perform comprehensive eye and vision tests
- Diagnose defects of the eye, such as myopia, astigmatism, and glaucoma
- Provide personalized temporary and permanent solutions to sight issues based on each patient’s specific case and medical history
- Prescribe medications, eyeglasses, and contact lenses
- Advise patients on proper eye care techniques
- Keep updated and accurate medical records for all patients
- Book next appointments in cases where re-examination is required
- Train patients on how to use and maintain their contact lenses
- Refer eye doctors and ophthalmologists when patients need to undergo a surgery or in cases of severe eye injuries
- Work experience as an Optometrist
- In-depth understanding of eye conditions and vision defects
- Hands-on experience with eye examination tools, such as ophthalmoscope and tonometer
- The ability to explain medical terms simply and calmly
- Attention to detail
- Degree in Optometry