Responsible for coordinating daily patient activities for the Envision Dallas Vision Rehabilitation Clinic which include preparation of patients for physician encounter, maintaining supplies, work areas and equipment for the department, performing visual field tests for patients, proper recording and reporting of services, and ensuring follow-up care coordination through vision rehabilitation, outreach and outside referrals. Assist patients with optical orders as well.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Prepare exam rooms for patient care by stocking supplies and setting up and maintaining necessary equipment.
- Take preliminary patient history and chart physician services as directed. Perform patient testing as instructed by physician. Testing includes but is not limited to the following: Scanning Laser Ophthalmoscope, Humphrey and Goldmann tests.
- Document findings during evaluation regarding patient care in accordance with Medicare standards and Envision Dallas protocol for data collection.
- Communicate patient needs to other clinical staff during the evaluation process; inform medical receptionist of need for follow-up appointments based on plan of care for vision rehabilitation or referral back to primary care specialist.
- Respond to patient phone calls and properly direct or resolve the call.
- Ensure that all patient questions have been answered and that they understand the treatment process.
- Maintain awareness of current practices through review literature, attendance at conferences and seminars, Medicare regulations, licensing and compliance needs.
- Perform research and collect data for physicians and/or clinicians as requested.
- Facilitate claim reimbursement posting.
- Perform charge posting.
- Research and coordination of billing issues.
- Perform deposit preparation for Envision Dallas Rehabilitation Clinic.
- Everyday Store coverage and duties as assigned.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in optometry or ophthalmology required.
- Experience in medical diagnostic coding preferred.
- Ability to calculate oculars and read visual field test graphs.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish relationships with blind and visually impaired individuals, as well as disabled and geriatric individuals.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, including written and oral communication abilities in order to provide close support and consultation to other professionals.
- Must be sensitive to patient issues and treat all patients with dignity, respect and kindness while maintaining the upmost confidentiality for each patient per Envision policy.
- Current Certified Para optometric (CPOA) or Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) required.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification required.
- Current American Board of Optician (ABO) or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) certification preferred.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 0
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
X Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
X Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
apply online www.envisionus.com