HENDRICK SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION
JOB TITLE: OPERATIONS MANAGER
STATUS: Full Time Position
REPORTS TO: Hendrick Executive Board of Directors
DATE: SEPTEMBER 2020
Provide Plano (Texas) ISD graduates who have overcome adversity with scholarships and support services to promote success in life through education.
Coordinates and/or performs a wide variety of management and operational activities. Serves as primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies. Works in a coordination and support capacity with the Hendrick Scholarship Foundation (HSF) board and committee chairs to successfully accomplish the HSF mission.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages day-to-day operations of HSF and ensures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization in a manner consistent with board direction.
- Primary interface and coordination with key HSF volunteer leaders set forth below for volunteer workforce of over 100 people.
- Student Success Committee Chair
- Administrative Volunteer Coordinator
- Special Events Committee Chair
- Fundraising Committee Chair
- Donor Relations Committee Chair
- Works collaboratively with and supports Donor Relations activities.
- Tracks donors
- Assists in donor communications (thank you letters)
- Assists in donor events and activities
- Database management
- Works collaboratively with and supports Special Events Committee, connecting resources across the HSF organization.
- Works collaboratively with and supports the Student Success Committee:
- Manages payment process to remit tuition to academic institutions as directed and approved by the Student Success Committee.
- Supports Student Success Committee logistics related to workshops and student events (holiday luncheon, kickoff breakfast meeting).
- Assists in the referral of students in need to external support resources at the direction of the Student Success Committee.
- Provides support in financial matters in accordance with the board approved budget and associated directives.
- Interfaces with accountant regarding all bookkeeping functions.
- Ensures assets are safeguarded and checks are deposited timely.
- Assists in new projects, planning and execution, at the direction of the board.
- Supports recruiting and retention of qualified volunteers.
- In collaboration with the Treasurer, ensures the timely filing of legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including maintaining HSF’s non-profit status.
- Five years Operational/Organizational experience. Non-profit experience is a plus.
- A., B.S. or equivalent preferred.
- Detail oriented, adaptable, flexible, energetic, organized, and with demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy in dealing with volunteer leadership and donors.
- Ability to manage a productive and efficient work unit and to foster a team environment.
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
- Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events.
- Personable presence and demeanor with the desire to engage in personal contact with the external community, including volunteers, students, coaches.
- Outstanding commitment to customer service.
- Strong attention to detail with an outstanding ability to multi-task.
- Creative thinker with a willingness to seek innovative ideas.
- Initiates and has the ability to work independently.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills. Familiarity with fundraising software and Quickbooks is a plus.
- Knowledge of social media platforms is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to learn and utilize development software.
- Organized, energetic, flexible, and computer proficient.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a variety of constituencies.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the Hendrick Scholarship Foundation.
- On occasion, works irregular hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work. This may involve some lifting, carrying, moving, pushing, and/or pulling of objects/materials of light weight (15-25 pounds). May also involve significant periods of standing or walking outside during events and photo shoots, as well as during event set-up or break-down times.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment background check. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.