Beacon Hill Preparatory Institute (BHPI) is a non-profit organization that provides critical supplemental math and reading tutoring and enrichments to students in Fair Park, Wilmer Hutchins, Pleasant Grove, Oak Cliff, and surrounding communities. Programs include in-school, after-school, and summer programming. We ensure students Catch Up, Keep Up and Stay Ahead by developing data-informed intervention plans and supporting teachers and parents throughout the school year. Our desired outcomes are to help each student achieve grade-level proficiency in math and reading, develop confident learners, and level the playing field for all participating students.
Position: Operations Manager
Position Classification: Exempt
Location: Combination of HQ Office (Downtown Dallas) and school campus locations across DFW Metroplex (typically a 25-mile radius from downtown Dallas, TX).
Reports to: Founder and President of Beacon Hill Preparatory Institute Nonprofit (Executive Director)
Direct Reports: Operations Manager will manage all internal BHPI operations (Specifically IT, Accounting, Marketing and Administrative Assistant)
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday. Some travel and nights/weekend may be required.
Salary: commensurate with experience
Our ideal candidate is flexible in approach and willing to adapt when necessary. Highly skilled and collaborative, this emotionally intelligent individual will be crucial in leading BHPI Operations team. The Operations Manager will demonstrate character, warmth, dependability, responsiveness, initiative, knowledge, credibility, and a good sense of humor and will ensure that all BHPI department activities operate consistently and ethically within our mission and values and according to the pre-defined operation’s plan(s).
As a change agent, the ideal candidate will manage multiple departments, successfully defining and measuring KPI’s and regularly assess operational efficiencies, measure success, identify opportunities for improvement and demonstrate affect positive change. Strategically, the ideal candidate will have had experience executing and leading management teams to deliver measurable, cost-effective results based on individual and team goals. Extensive experience handling sensitive information effectively and confidentially, with integrity and trustworthiness is required.
Leadership responsibilities to managing daily operations include but are not limited to the following:
Strategy & Operations
- Ensure that all program activities within each department follow the Mission and Vision of BHPI.
- The ability to work with high-level executives in creating a strategic five-year plan, identify objectives and implement new processes through achievement of those goals.
- Lead weekly operations meeting w/all department heads to discuss upcoming events/programs/needs.
- Management & maintenance of the BHPI Corporate Office
- Create a structured and organized workflow for all corporate office operations.
- Assess and help develop quarterly goals and hold accountable each team leader in meeting those goals
- Provide guidance and support to the Program Director, ensuring that quality programs with proven results are ongoing.
- Collaborate with the Development Department in production of grant requests to create outcomes and goals and provide testimonials and information for grant/donor purposes.
- Coordinate and execute special projects as assigned
- Ensure a timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual outcomes data collection. Provide reports to Executive Director for analysis.
- Develop a performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals by identifying strengths and areas of improvement among team leaders to help facilitate growth and development
- Develop and manage workflows & schedules for operational needs.
- Monitor, measure and analyze productivity and performance with HR and financial data with accounting.
- Prepare Annual Budget with President and Board’s Finance Committee.
- Generate and translate reports; Ensure departments are on time/track/budget/target
- Determine labor needs to meet production goals with HR Manager
- Maintain quality control programs and implement and adhere to cost control measures.
- Manage organization resources efficiently and provide training and guidance to staff to ensure the same.
Facilities (Supplies & Logistics)
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Manage the successful day-to-day operations and maintenance of the BHPI office
- Make recommendations concerning methods of reducing operating costs and increasing income.
- Monitor/manage/audit all company supplies and logistics that support each department.
- Oversee equipment purchases and the capital improvement process using the company procurement process, ensuring that all purchases are cost effective, tracked, managed and on/under budget.
- Must manage the ordering and delivery of curriculum.
Policies, Procedure & Processes
- Create & maintain company operations manual (to include equipment, furniture, warranties, assets & inventory)
- Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant with laws and regulations while adhering to industry best practices.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Discuss management problems, department budgets and major purchase priorities, policies and procedures and legal matters with Executive Director
- Consult with the Executive Director concerning the organization’s operational/programmatic/financial affairs.
- Develop operating policies and procedures, and organizational operational & financial goals and objectives.
- Provide the Board of Directors and President with financial, program & other necessary reports relating to health of the organization.
- Track progress of Board of Directors strategic goals & objectives (via Asana)
- All other duties assigned by Executive Director
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, strong customer-service orientation, outstanding negotiation skills, professional composure under pressure.
- Have good command and use of communication skills with the ability to adapt to various audiences.
- Demonstrate use of strong interpersonal, relationship-building and engagement skills.
- Interact effectively and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, board, and staff.
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills to prioritize tasks accordingly and to deal with multiple constituencies concurrently with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor
- Delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of branch operations and customer service
- Must manage the ordering and delivery of curriculum, supplies, gifts, and snacks for BHPI at large
- Must ensure the on-time delivery of curriculum, supplies, In-Kind Donations, gifts, and snacks to campuses.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Ability and desire to leverage technology to assist and improve efficiencies
- Comfortable and confident in using multiple computer and cloud-based applications
- Proven ability to continually adapt and learn new procedures, systems, and software applications.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate using a variety of synchronous meeting tools (i.e., Zoom).
- Utilize project management software to manage organizational dashboard - Asana Project Management System experience a plus
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree is a plus)
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in business administration or program/project management, preferably in a non-profit or philanthropic foundation setting (Financial Management a plus)
- Management/leadership background (preferred)
- Highly skilled in Supply Chain/Logistics
- Broad knowledge of HR, Finance & IT Management
Physical demands of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Standing, walking, bending, sitting for an extended period.
- Occasionally reach outward and above or below the shoulder.
- May be required to lift/carry objects up to 50 pounds.
Beacon Hill Work Environment
At Beacon Hill, we create an environment where all people are treated with respect, trust and dignity. To accomplish this, we work to: create a respectful and meaningful work environment, characterized by honest, direct and relevant communication; communicate definable and measurable goals; act with integrity and create trust in both colleagues and customers; honor diversity, individuality, personal and professional differences; and conduct our business with the highest professional and ethical standards and to treat all resources given to us as if they were our own.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status will be considered. We strive to achieve a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Apply here. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please.