- 4 active jobs (view)
The Operations Coordinator for Athletics Development and External Affairs reports to the Director of Development Operations & Stewardship and will coordinate multiple aspects of programming in the office of Athletics Development. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: managing the marketing efforts of the Mustang Club, including mass e-mail communications, social media, the Mustang Club website and other forms of communication from the Mustang Club office; coordinating events and hospitality for athletics development; University liaison and manager of the Lettermen's Association; and other duties and activities as required to be a part of a fast-paced operations team.
- Event coordination and execution: All Mustang Club and Lettermen's Association related events, including fundraisers, Galas, football pre-game receptions, Excellence Fund events, away game hospitality, Football Signing Day events, Mustang Club Leadership Council events, and Basketball hospitality events. These duties include the planning of the events, working with third party vendors on logistics, managing the event, creating floor plans, event registration and RSVP management, and supervising any student workers and volunteers that are supporting the event. Will negotiate pricing for services with third parties and will be responsible for managing event budget in collaboration with Director.
- Lettermen's Association: support the Lettermen's Board and membership of the Lettermen's Association, including management of Board meetings, coordination of committee meetings, membership efforts, member benefits, and other engagement opportunities.
- Will be responsible for staffing the Lettermen’s Association Board and Lettermen’s Association events including the Spring Mixer, the SAM Award, the Hall of Fame Award, the Reunion Weekend and the Holiday Mixer. Will create and distribute the Lettermen's annual brochure and all other Lettermen's communications.
- Marketing, promotion, and communications: Manage all marketing, promotion and communications efforts of the Mustang Club and all Mustang Club related events, including the Mustang Club Loyalty Program, the creation of marketing materials, invitations, solicitations, creating content for, and managing, the Mustang Club's social media accounts, the Mustang Club website, and frequent email communications from the Mustang Club office to donors and season ticket holders.
- Assist in managing the Athletics database (Paciolan) which includes, but is not limited to: running fundraising reports, compiling lists of donors, processing donations and event purchases, data integrity checks, and supporting the team in other database-related measures.
- Support the entire Athletics Development team in whatever capacity is needed to ensure successful fundraising and stewardship efforts in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree is required.
A minimum of two years of work experience is required. Experience in event planning is also required
Experience in professional/collegiate athletics is preferred. Experience in non-profit or athletic marketing is desirable. Experience with young alumni outreach efforts is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to forge strong working relationships with a wide range of constituencies. Must also demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing. A strong customer service orientation is essential.
Candidate must have strong time management, organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. The ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing priorities is essential.
Candidate must demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and the ability to be resourceful, proactive and seek assistance as needed. Must also be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment. Strong project management skills and attention to detail are essential.
Candidate must have a strong knowledege and experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with social media including Facebook and Twitter is also required.
Experience with Microsoft Publisher is preferred. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred. Experience with Paciolan is desirable. Experience with Blackbaud BBEC is preferred.
- Bend, stand, walk for long distances
- Reach above shoulders
- Handle objects (dexterity)
- Push/pull, kneel
- Carry/lift 25 lbs.
- Sit for long periods of time
Deadline to Apply:
October 22, 2021.
Priority consideration may be given to submissions received by October 15, 2021.
SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. The Executive Director for Access and Equity/Title IX Coordinator is designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies and may be reached at the Perkins Administration Building, Room 204, 6425 Boaz Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, 214-768-3601, email@example.com.
Please use the following link to complete the application: https://smu.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=DEA00000282&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FChicago