The Operations Coordinator provides administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), acts a liaison between the COO and other staff, and coordinates assigned programs and projects within the operations department.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage COO schedule, calendars, and appointments as directed
- Assists with creating presentations, organization charts and spreadsheets as needed. Proofreads and ensures accuracy using MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- Gathers, assembles, and analyzes information and data from a wide variety of sources in response to initiatives and projects of COO. Prepares related reports to ensure that information is timely and accurate.
- Coordinates meetings and special events for the Operations Department including scheduling, communication, room preparation, catering, and more.
- Establish and document procedures related to operations department such as payroll, purchasing, and finance.
- Act as Payroll backup and/or purchasing coordinator.
- Ability take initiative on projects and tasks, and work independently without requiring the immediate attention of the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma, minimum;
- Excellent attention to detail and documentation.
- Strong positive communication skills (both oral and written) to interact with a variety of people, both internal and external.
- Understanding and/or willingness to learn the Montessori Philosophy;
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer applications including: MS Outlook, MS Word, Internet skills;
- Expertise using MS Powerpoint and MS Excel for presentations and reporting;
- Ability to participate in confidential discussions and protect confidential information;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Willingness to learn about and implement effective communication.
- Three to five years in an administrative position (including payroll, excel, and purchasing.)