Job Title: Office Manager & Receptionist
Reports to: Director of Governance and Special Projects
Category: Non-exempt; Full-time
As a critical member of The Dallas Foundation staff, the Office Manager and Receptionist serves as the first point of contact for donors, guests, and employees. This role will be responsible for delivering exceptional customer service while managing the day-to-day operations in an organized, best in class office environment. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter with strong customer service skills and the ability to work independently.
This position requires in person attendance 5 days a week, Monday through Friday. Remote work is not available for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide front desk coverage, including greeting visitors and notifying staff of their arrival
- Answer all incoming calls and forward as appropriate using a VOIP phone system
- Ensure a clean, welcoming office for all staff and visitors
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Maintain conference rooms including the coordination of set up and clean up of all meetings
- Monitor and distribute to staff branded materials as needed
- Order and manage the inventory of office and kitchen supplies
- Order food for in person meetings
- Order flowers and gifts
- Manage vendor relationships including caterers, coffee and beverage service, and other providers needed to successfully run the office
- Play a central role in the planning and executing of all employee events and special meetings
- Maintain office equipment including the copier and postage machine
- Serve as point of contact with building staff for maintenance and cleaning issues
- Gather, organize, and reconcile corporate credit card receipts on a monthly basis
- Provide occasional administrative support to the Senior Management Team
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential qualification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Superior attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Friendly, outgoing personality with a “can do” attitude
- Resourceful and skilled at problem solving with the ability to see a need and proactively search for a solution
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three to five years of office management experience required
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Fully vaccinated from COVID-19 in accordance with current CDC guidance
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional standing and lifting of at least 5 pounds
- Long periods of sitting
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- 401k employer contribution
- 10 paid federal holidays
- Paid time off
About The Dallas Foundation: Established as a community foundation in 1929 - the first in Texas – the Dallas Foundation brings together people, ideas and investments in Greater Dallas so individuals and families can reach their full potential.
The Dallas Foundation prioritizes these values as an organization:
- Community connected. We have a pulse on our community’s greatest needs.
- Integrity. We are trusted experts and partners.
- Inclusive. Our community is not homogenous, and neither are we.
- Purposeful. We recognized that equitable and sustainable outcomes require intentionality.
- Impact focused. We insist that good things happen.
- Collaboration. We connect people to causes they care about and the resources they need.
Please email your resume’ and cover letter to: email@example.com.