About the role
As Office Coordinator you will be the primary assistant to the Vicar to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the Good Shepherd Episcopal Church office. The Office Coordinator is an integral part of a team that provides support to clergy, program staff, volunteers, and church members. Hours are scalable from part-time (28 hours per week) to full-time (35 hours per week).
What you will do
- Receive phone calls phones during office hours and respond or disseminate information appropriately, greet visitors, and receive deliveries.
- Maintain Google calendars for church events and Vicar.
- Schedule use of church facilities as well as request use of Good Shepherd Episcopal School facilities by Church groups.
- Schedule and coordinate facility set up with Sexton.
- Serve as administrator of security software to schedule the opening of electronic doors for access to Church facilities.
- Oversee Diocesan guidelines for Safe Church Safe Communities policies including identifying individual training requirements, enrolling individuals, assisting participants in completing training, and confirming compliance.
- Maintain records for office key fobs including confirming holder eligibility requirements and issuing new fobs.
- Assist clergy, staff and members using ACS login and Church Life app.
- Identify ministry group members with other team members and create and maintain appropriate small groups in ACS.
- Receive requests for equipment repairs and other repairs needed for plumbing, electrical, and computer issues. Coordinate scheduling service calls with Vicar and Sexton.
- Oversee organization of office common areas, copier room and storage space. Work with Membership Coordinator to maintain office supplies.
- Have operating knowledge of all office equipment including copiers, phone system, postage machine, AV equipment). Assist in training other staff members on use of equipment.
- Coordinate printing service bulletins.
- Handle mailings as requested.
- Print letterhead, envelopes, invitations, and other consumables in house as needed.
- Prepare Monday memo for clergy and staff noting upcoming events.
- Recruit and coordinate office volunteers as needed.
- Coordinate meal delivery as requested.
- Assist with vendor relations.
- Work as a team with other administrative staff and work to learn other duties to serve as back-up as needed.
- Assist Vicar with administrative tasks for The Abbey on Lover’s Lane.
- Other tasks as directed.
Skills you will contribute
To be a successful member of our team, you will bring the following skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook. Experience with Office 365 a plus
- Ability to work independently, multitask, prioritize daily work assignments and be flexible
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Interact positively with clergy and staff, Church members, Good Shepherd Episcopal School staff and families, and all office visitors
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Experience with or willingness to learn to use Microsoft Publisher or Adobe InDesign
- Familiarity with Episcopal liturgy and traditions preferred.
Full-time employees are eligible for
- Medical and dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid Time Off and holidays
The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd is a welcoming community of families who gather to worship following traditional Episcopal liturgy, encourage spiritual growth, and care for our members and those in our community.
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please type: Office Coordinator – your name.