KERA/KXT’s Membership Department is currently seeking a creative and detail-oriented individual for the position of On-Air Fundraising Associate. This position aids in the planning and coordination of all on-air fundraising campaigns for KERA FM (NPR), KERA TV (PBS), KERA CREATE TV (APT) and KXT FM (AAA). This position will be largely focused on fundraising around KERA’s NPR station. There are 11 fundraising campaigns (approximately 160 fundraising days) per year on all stations, this accounts for approximately 25% of the stations’ annual revenue. Under the guidance of the Director of On-Air Fundraising, this position will coordinate campaign details and elements of drive planning and execution. In addition, this position will work closely with KERA’s Audience and Member Services team to collaborate on premiums (thank you gifts) and station-branded items for fundraising. This position also will work directly with KERA’s call center vendor and coordinate with KERA’s digital team to ensure a seamless and excellent donor/user experience. Reports to Director of On-Air Fundraising.
- In close consultation with the Director of On-Air Fundraising, coordinates many aspects of on-air campaigns, including: fulfilling drawing contest prizes, ordering custom premiums (thank-you gifts), call center coordination, donation portal coordination, staff engagement, scheduling and associated communications.
- Assist the On-Air Fundraising Director and Coordinator in data entry, recording and analyzing data to devise fundraising plans and strategies.
- Stays current on best practices to integrate new ideas and new initiatives to drive revenue growth with special focus on KERA’s NPR station.
- Effectively engages diverse perspectives and experiences in work product and in organizational interactions, including communication and decision-making.
- Demonstrates respect for others in all workplace relationships and interactions.
- Maintains high standards of journalistic ethics and excellence.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Able to manage your time wisely, responding to tight deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of comfort in and passion for technology. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other software systems (CRM and call-center portal, for example).
- Ability to independently structure workflow, as well as to solicit, process and absorb information and change focus quickly.
- Resiliency to stay calm and focused during periods of high activity/competing priorities.
- Able to successfully incorporate feedback and manage multiple points of view.
- Personal accountability and strong performance with a steadfast attention to the details.
- Commitment to advancing a diverse and inclusive working environment and work product.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours during fundraising campaigns.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Equivalent of 2 years full time experience in event or project management or other position requiring complex organizational skills.
- Listening, speaking, writing, presentation, collaboration and conflict resolution skills to work closely and effectively with colleagues across departments, including during times of high stress.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and improve processes.
- Leadership ability or demonstrated leadership skills, including personal accountability and ability to influence without authority.
- Experience working with technology and the ability to learn /effectively use complex databases or other software packages.
- Ability to work at computer for extended periods of time.
- Lift/carry/sort material routinely weighing 10 pounds and, occasionally, up to 25 pounds.
- Membership/donor database experience.
- Familiarity with and passion for the mission of Public Broadcasting and the community it serves.
- Web and social media fundraising experience.
- Radio and TV Production experience
- Bilingual English / Spanish
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you don't meet every job qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be a good fit, we'd like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide a 1) resume; and 2) cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications relative to the position. Please also state how you found out about this position. Submit this information directly to KERA’s website. Click here.
North Texas Public Broadcasting (KERA)
is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA is committed to equal employment opportunity and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.