The National Office of Mothers Against Drunk Driving is looking for an energetic, motivated, highly organized candidate to support the mission and services teams across the organization through the coordination of various administrative duties and project support.
This position is a full-time hourly position based out of the National Office of Mothers Against Drunk Driving in Irving, Texas.
- Coordinate and fulfill departmental online and telephone requests from the general public for information and mailings.
- Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, special event planning, conferences, recordkeeping, contract processes, and departmental activities/projects.
- Collect and maintain data and grant financial information relevant to the business or departmental activities.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information. Type and design general correspondence, memos, charts, presentations, agendas, and meeting notes. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar, and layout. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Maintain logs, project status reports, and information tracking. Issue regular updates of activity to the department head.
- Maintain relevant internet/intranet information for the department in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review bills and invoices and prepare requests for checks subject to management approval.
- Coordinate a variety of meetings, events, and national trainings (virtual and in-person) including event logistics, travel, and speakers.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Programs, Victim Services, and the Field Operations Departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of previous work experience in an administrative capacity with project support experience. Previous non-profit work experience is a plus.
- Able to work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, ability to manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically, and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a timetable, meet deadlines, follow instructions, and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level. Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have an exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, have basic record keeping and administrative procedures, and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Previous experience with project management software and CRM database management a plus.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical, and organizational standards in job-related activities, at work, and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion, and compassion for the mission of MADD.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to CC.Resumes@madd.org. No phone calls, please.