Mission Coordinator Position
Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church
- Listen to and engage with PHPC members to strengthen their involvement in Mission & Outreach programs and ministries
- Develop diverse opportunities for all PHPC and community members to participate in service opportunities at the church, in the city, and globally
- Provide leadership and support to PHPC Mission & Outreach Council and Mission Teams (e.g. Epiphany Ministry)
- Strengthen partnerships with local outreach organizations and nonprofits and development new initiatives and partnerships aligned with the goals and values of PHPC
- Perform duties under the supervision of the Associate Pastor for Mission & Outreach and in consultation with the Mission & Outreach Council and Session (governing body of the church)
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, monthly Council meetings, and other meetings as needed to support Mission Teams and outreach partners.
- Plan regular mission activities, including one-time service events to short-term mission trips
- Recruit and implement appropriate screening and training of PHPC and community members as volunteers for ministry events and programs
- Assist with developing content for bulletin, e-newsletter, website, and other communication materials
- Generate donor appreciation letters and appreciation events for volunteers and for the staff of outreach partners
- Assist with Mission education events and programs as needed
- Maintaining PHPC database with Mission & Outreach contacts and attendance records
- Track expenses, submit monthly expense reports, and conduct monthly budget reviews
- Assist requests from PHPC members and community members seeking support and make referrals to ministry partners as needed
- Inventory pantry and office supplies and order additional supplies as needed
- Attend Sunday worship at least once a month and engage in congregational activities and groups as regularly
Characteristics & Qualifications
- Collaborative work orientation with ability to coordinate programs with input from a variety of ministry teams and volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience developing successful hands-on mission and community service events and programs
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills
- Strong knowledge of mission program development with children, youth, and adults.
- Creative and self-directed problem solver
- Congenial, flexible, and willing to adapt to changing priorities and opportunities.
- Serves the Goals of the Church: Works to accomplish the overall goals of the church within the scope of position.
- Communication/Hospitality: Communicates effectively and professionally (both verbally and written) with all members, guests, and staff. /Generates a sense of hospitality by his/her very presence; communicates a sense of availability, warmth, openness and approachability.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships; works well with people at all levels; considers the impact of his/her actions on others; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; avoids communication triangles.
Interested candidates submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Interested candidates please submit resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
No phone calls please