The Center for Transforming Lives lifts women with children from poverty to possibility through safe homes, education and financial stability.
Center for Transforming Lives has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, team oriented, organized, experienced business professional eager to join a workforce of approximately 100 employees who transform the lives and outcomes for low to moderate income Arlington micro-entrepreneurs through the position of Microenterprise Coach.
The Microenterprise Coach is responsible for an expanding program that supports the establishment of sustainable microenterprises by program participants, leading to financial inclusion and self-reliance for disadvantaged citizens. The Microenterprise Coach is responsible for all aspects of the program including development, marketing, recruitment of participants and volunteers, eligibility determination, grant compliance, facilitation of individual and group coaching and education, ensuring program participants receive quality technical assistance that promotes a successful microenterprise, while data tracking and evaluation continues to inform ongoing program development.
The Microenterprise Coach will be trained, supported and supervised by the Director of Family Strengthening Services.
Qualified candidates should have the following demonstrated characteristics:
- Passion to help others help themselves;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with participants, with the Family Strengthening Services Team, with Agency Team and with community agencies;
- Confidence and Accountability;
- Initiative in identifying and completing tasks;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and maximum accountability;
- Ability to approach participants in non-judgmental, trauma-informed manner;
- Professional in appearance, demeanor and in verbal and written communications;
- Flexibility to do what is needed to help participants and complete job duties.
Qualified candidates must hold a Bachelor degree in Business, although a Bachelor degree in another field with three years of related business experience will be considered.
Proficient working knowledge of Windows operating system and Office products is required. This position also requires the use of Change Machine; the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software programs is required.
The Microenterprise Coach is required to attend Financial Co-Active Coach training within six months of employment and should enhance professional skills and maintain awareness of trends and best practices through continued training and education in the field of microenterprise asset development, behavioral change, and financial stability in theory and in practice.
Documentation of work in writing, on Outlook calendar and in Change Machine Salesforce application and Xcel spreadsheets is required. Maintaining confidentiality of participant information in accordance with CTL’s Policy and Procedures is mandatory.
In addition to the program meetings for participants and volunteers, the Microenterprise Coach must attend and fully participate in individual supervision, team staff meetings, agency staff meetings, and collaborative partnership meetings that will be scheduled during business hours as well as evenings and Saturdays.
CTL expects each employee to demonstrate the following core values: In Her Shoes, Whatever It Takes, Building Better Futures.
- Program development, marketing, grant compliance, outcomes tracking and evaluation;
- Personal microenterprise experience including establishment of business legal structure, business banking and comprehensive business plan;
- Direct service with individuals living in poverty;
- Experience in the Financial Co-Active Coaching Model, a strengths-based, partnership and results-oriented approach to improving individuals’ financial outcomes.
To apply for this position, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates not meeting the listed requirements will not be considered.
For more information regarding Center for Transforming Lives, please visit transforminglives.org.
CTL is an at-will employer. CTL is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity Employment (EOE) in its dealings with both employees and applicants for employment. As such, CTL provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law except when such characteristic is a bona fide occupational qualification.