40% - Membership Recruitment
- Passionately promotes Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce membership and effectively converts non-members to members.
- Identify geographic areas, technology sectors, and industries providing opportunity for membership growth.
- Develop and lead creative new member recruitment campaigns.
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Work closely with the Ambassador Committee Chairman to integrate recruitment plan with existing member retention efforts.
- Assisting members with questions about membership, renewals, and benefits. Maintain accurate member records, as well as ensuring that information is disseminated to members in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in many aspects of the Chamber's operations.
- Additional duties will include, but are not limited to, assisting in planning, coordination, and execution of Chamber events.
40% - Digital Communications
· Actively manage Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce and Oak Cliff Works website and social media presence; develop and maintain master content calendar for social media and digital communications as part of overall communications calendar.
· Develop and implement social media strategy and best practices across various platforms and social communities (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) to strengthen brand and organizational awareness, engage target audiences, and grow membership list.
· Optimize company page on online platforms to increase visibility; actively manage online advertising and fundraising campaigns.
· Implement effective systems to track digital communications, analyze data to determine effectiveness, and prepare reports with recommendations and plans for new or improved strategies based on results.
· Monitor social media platforms, trends, tools and applications; recommend subsequent actions.
· Develop and produce written and digital communications including newsletters, social media posts, videos, and other digital communications.
10% - Board Communications
· Attend all board, executive committee, and special session meetings to assist board members in carrying out their duties and responsibilities.
· Accurately record monthly board and committee meetings to provide a clear summary of discussions and actions.
· Distribute meeting minutes to appropriate parties.
· Track assignments made at the meetings, dates of expected completion, and send reminder notices to board members about upcoming events and assignments.
· Assist the Board President and committee members with Bylaw review, board documents, and other related tasks.
· Event-related planning for monthly meetings and offsite retreats.
· Interface with LSA staff members to support the Board of Directors.
· Other duties as assigned.
10% - OfficeCommunicationsSupport
· Manage core office functions including answering main phone line, checking faxes, greeting visitors, accepting deliveries, distributing mail, ordering supplies, and other general office functions and events as assigned.
o Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing or related field or equivalent education and experience
o Strong Sales background
o Detail-oriented with strong Internet usage skills and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
o Demonstrated proficiency in writing for multiple audiences and in multiple mediums (print, online, and social media) with a good working knowledge of Associated Press Style
o Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and successfully meet guidelines and manage multiple projects
o Excellent customer service skills
o Demonstrated proficiency with the use of popular social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, lnstagram, and others
o Demonstrated ability to handle administrative office tasks
o Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a collaborative team
o Ability to train others in a clear and effective manner
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $22.00 per hour
Required to wear mask unless fully vaccinated
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org