The Museum is seeking a full-time Membership Manager to lead the implementation of a new membership program to better engage constituents in advancing our mission. The position oversees all aspects of membership programs including growth in new members, increasing member retention, benefits fulfillment, member communications, and implementing marketing, stewardship, and engagement strategies. Working in cooperation with other departments, the Membership Manager oversees a variety of projects including member renewals, member events, digital campaigns, on-site membership sales, digital communications and website presence as it relates to communicating and cultivating members. Candidate should have analytical skills to assess membership performance and identify means for growing the program and revenue.
Works with Development and Marketing to conceive, plan and manage multi-channel strategies for the cultivation, acquisition and renewal of members. Helps set annual revenue goals and identify opportunities and strategies to increase base of support, membership base, and revenue. Scope of work includes:
- Develop and implement strategies for retention of existing members, manage recruitment and cultivation of new members, including renewal/acquisition campaigns and regular solicitation of feedback.
- Work with Guest Services to ensure effective on-site membership sales, including staff training, membership materials and promotions to encourage non-member prospects to join.
- Coordinate and manage events—approximately 10 times a year.
- Work with marketing to draft content for e-newsletter and other member e-communications. Ensure brochures, cards, and other core membership materials etc. are updated, printed, and mailed in a timely fashion.
- Develop and implement an annual plan for membership.
- Management of all aspects of the membership program to achieve annual growth and retention including gift processing, database management, and member servicing to achieve membership goals.
- Develop and manage in-house procedures for processing, fulfilling and reporting on member utilization of benefits.
- Develop content for member communications such as newsletters, emails, welcome packets, and tax deductibility/thank you letters.
- In collaboration with Guest Services, orient and train a strong front-line membership sales effort to achieve goals and excellent member service.
- Collaborate to implement marketing efforts related to member acquisition.
- Conceptualize, plan and implement events for different member constituencies.
- Conduct member surveys and recommend enhancements based on analysis of survey results.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in nonprofit membership with proven success in developing and maintaining a successful membership/annual giving program.
- Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in membership or development communications, including knowledge of membership or fundraising marketing strategies.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, Tessitura CRM or similar, email marketing platform, and virtual meeting software.
- Ability to work and achieve expected results with limited supervision.
- Exceptional organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities; and excellent project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to represent the Museum in a professional and positive manner both internally and externally.
- Available to work some evenings and weekends as required; limited travel may be required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with the staff and the public.
- Ability to learn and adapt to various software and technology programs to complete work duties.
- Self-motivated, organized, attentive to detail, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed.
Please use the following link to submit an application -