The Membership Engagement Associate position has responsibility within two major areas of the organizations – membership engagement and The Real Estate Council’s Young Professionals (Young Guns). This position requires a high degree of organization, initiative, and the ability to work collaboratively under pressure and at times with minimal supervision. This individual must be flexible, possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize duties in response to the demands of the day-to-day activities of the organization. This position also requires well developed people skills, tact, professional demeanor and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of organizations, including board members, volunteers, civic leaders, and public officials.
Skill Requirements and Competencies:
- Communications – Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to express ideas and thoughts clearly.
- Technical Skills – Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database management (preference for Raiser’s Edge).
- Achievement Focus – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Professionalism – Must be confident, organized, articulate, and poised with the ability to represent TREC as an organization.
- Dependability – Punctual, reliable, and willing to go above and beyond for the good of the team.
- Time Management – Uses time efficiently and works in organized manner. Capable of prioritizing tasks, motivating team members, and juggling competing priorities in fast-paced environment.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building positive team spirit, puts success of team and organization above own interests. Must have positive attitude.
Local travel for meetings and volunteer support activities as requested and occasional evening and weekend work. This position requires the ability to set up and run meetings and events. As such, individuals should be able to meet physical demands and be able to lift up-to ten pounds.
Four-year college degree required. Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a related field – member/donor relations, communications, volunteer management, and meeting/event coordination. Knowledge of commercial real estate industry is a plus.
Specific Job Duties Include:
- Assist Senior Director of Membership, Engagement & Communications with member renewal invoicing. This includes responding to TREC member questions, updating invoices and rosters, coordinating mailings, and overseeing payments.
- Prepare and continuously update membership engagement opportunities for staff and committee use.
- Responsible for the production and logistical management of Young Guns membership engagement events including, Young Guns Kick-off, Young Guns New Member coffees, Young Guns networking events and provide support to the Program Services Coordinator with Young Guns educational programs and events.
- Supports the Senior Director of Membership, Engagement & Communications with the production and logistical management of larger TREC membership engagement events including new member coffees, the launch of TREC Breakfast Groups and general networking events.
- Manage online registration and all event tracking in Raiser’s Edge database for membership engagement events
- Supports the Director of Membership, Engagement & Communications assist in the planning and management related to Membership and Membership Engagement committees. Specific tasks and committees may include:
- Meeting scheduling and preparation, ordering lunch, setting up rooms, preparing agendas, research, and reports
- Responsible for the management and planning related to Young Professionals (Young Guns) core committee, Membership, Membership Engagement and Breakfast Groups committees.
- In conjunction with responsible staff, work to ensure a cohesive engagement strategy for the Young Guns organization wide (programs, events, volunteer & foundation work, public policy, leadership development)
- In conjunction with the Director of Membership, Engagement & Communications assists in facilitating member-based communication strategy by compiling, designing, and sending engagement communications
- Responsible for new member communication strategy by sending out new member information, assigning new member logins and resetting passwords as needed
- Assist TREC staff with data entry of information vital to membership engagement tracking.
- Coordinates and ensures corporate member benefits are being tracked and utilized organization wide.
- Research and update contact and employment information in database.
- Overall membership research - compile various membership reports for staff and committee use including lapsed and renewed member information, demographic information, and gaps in data
- Be the primary contact for initial member communication. This includes monitoring the main phone line and general TREC email accounts.
- Monitor and update bounced email addresses from TREC newsletters
- Responsible for the management of the – soon to launch – job board, trecjobs.com
- Misc. administrative responsibilities; effective written correspondence to members regarding promotions, job changes, and celebratory life events
- Represent the organization at events and programs hosted by The Real Estate Council
- Other special projects as identified
Please submit cover letter and resume to Amy Stovall, email@example.com