The Member Services Manager is responsible for building member satisfaction and creating a positive, compelling onsite experience for members and prospective members through the coordination of member events and other onsite benefits as well as management of front-line membership representatives and sales staff. The selected candidate will ensure reliable, excellent customer service in person, on the phone, and via email. They will ensure a membership presence at Zoo-wide events and coordinate redemption of benefits throughout the park. They will oversee all onsite membership sales, working closely with the Member Project Manager to ensure success and alignment with overall membership acquisition and renewal strategy. They will serve as an “expert” on membership and interact frequently with their colleagues across departments. Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Individual Giving and Membership, they will work collaboratively with the entire Advancement Department to implement strategies that will advance the mission and financial stability of the Zoo.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage Member Services team, ensuring staff are fully trained, consistently updated on Zoo activities, incentivized, and strategically deployed to meet goals for both member sales and satisfaction. Mentors membership staff and addresses performance concerns.
• Regularly works with front-line staff to identify sales and service patterns and acts as an expert on these patterns to the broader Advancement Department.
• Assists with execution of various member events, including annual parties, regularly occurring events, and exhibit previews.
• Creates and maintains onsite membership training documentation and policy reference documents.
• Serve as a leader in the optimization of member database processes (Tessitura), working with stakeholders to achieve shared goals while successfully serving the onsite needs of the membership team.
• Works with Guest Services, SSA (catering and retail), and others to ensure the smooth redemption of member benefits throughout the park.
• Ensures membership presence at Zoo-wide events. Designs and executes special experiences for members throughout the park to demonstrate the value of membership, increase member satisfaction, and sell memberships.
• Provides outstanding customer service to all Zoo members and guests in-person, via email, and over the phone. Mentors membership staff in effective interaction techniques and ensures that all questions, inquiries, and concerns are addressed and documented in a timely way.
• Tracks and coordinates membership signage and other collateral throughout the park.
• Oversees outgoing personal member solicitation and communication efforts by membership representatives including renewal and thank you calls. Develops and implements sales and communication training for the Member Services Team, enforcing consistency, monitoring success, and gathering feedback.
• Develop and present consistent reports to the Assistant Director of Individual Giving and Membership and membership team on attendance, sales, and onsite flow. Closely track effectiveness of onsite efforts and recommend appropriate adjustments.
• Work with Advancement Services and other colleagues to ensure data integrity related to all member events, onsite benefit redemption, and sales. Consistently enforce these standards with the member services team.
• Work with internal stakeholders to ensure brand alignment, coordinate message targeting, and efficiently utilize departmental resources.
• Coordinates staff resources needed for advancement projects requiring additional staff support. Enforce deadlines and provide training required to complete these projects.
• Gather feedback and work with internal staff to maintain, update, and improve the online member portal, especially in relation to how it is used onsite and for events.
• Serves as an “expert” on the Zoo and its membership program, acting as a customer relations “trouble shooter” if member issues need to be addressed.
• Serves as liaison to front-line Guest Services staff.
• Performs other duties as required.
• B.A., B.S. or equivalent degree or experience.
• Four to six years of relevant membership or customer service experience.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise, train, incentivize, and mentor direct reports.
• Demonstrated success with direct sales, preferably with experience training teammates in effective sales techniques.
• Attention to detail and diligence to ensure accuracy
• Sound judgment and the ability to manage independently and quickly and effectively solve problems.
• Strategic problem-solver with the ability to advance programs/activities with an array of internal constituents. Strong team player and willing collaborator.
• Strong organizational ability and experience coordinating multiple, complex, deadline-driven projects at once.
• Personable, professional presence and demeanor with the desire to engage in personal contact with the public.
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to think creatively and remain flexible.
• Command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience creating and delivering reports preferred.
• Willingness and ability to learn and utilize Tessitura.
• Preferred: Knowledge of ticketing and front-of-house technology (e.g., BOCA printers) and experience developing process and procedures documentation.
• Personal commitment to conservation, interest in animals, and a willingness to prioritize the mission of the Dallas Zoo above area-specific success.
• Often works irregular hours, including most weekends and some evenings.
• Ability to work indoors and outdoors with exposure to cold and heat.
• Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull, bend, climb stairs and ladders, and lift/carry 50lbs.
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
• Must have a valid Texas driver’s license to operate zoo vehicles and reliable transportation.
Please follow this link to apply within our applicant tracking software