We are currently seeking new board members to join us and help us further our vision of using the creative arts to empower, innovate and educate underserved children and veterans.
The Artist Outreach is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing services to schools as supplemental education through cross-curricular integration, reinforcing the teachers’ lessons with a strong emphasis on imaginative and playful techniques and academics taught through the artist’s perspective. Using highly skilled practicing artists, we develop ideas that are absorbed in the classroom to help students understand subjects easier, especially for the different learner.
Our board members champion the importance of exceptional board leadership and believe that each and every organization needs a strong and effective board to fully realize its potential for good. In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a board member, our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and are fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for The Artist Outreach Organization to advance its mission.
Nonprofit organizations and leaders have an important role to play in making change happen — but we cannot accomplish change responsibly and authentically without diverse and inclusive leadership that is committed to equality.
Purpose: The Artist Outreach (TAO) is a regional nonprofit organization that works to change the educational, emotional and financial futures of those we serve through creative arts with the programs we provide to schools and advocacy centers. Our vision is to encourage self-expression which leads to self-discovery.
Summary: Then Board of Directors of The Artist Outreach is a group of no more than 13 volunteers who are legally accountable and responsible for The Artist Outreach’s activities. Directors serve without compensation.
The daily management of The Artist Outreach is solely the responsibility of the CEO, who is hired by, and reports to the Board of Directors.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
*Members of the Board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of The Artist Outreach. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on their experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of term: Two (2) years, which may be renewed annually, pending approval of the Board.
Meetings and time commitment:
- The Board of Directors meet a minimum of five (5) times per year. Meeting days, time and location are determined by a simple majority of the Board. Typically, the meetings are held during the lunch hour and last 90 minutes.
- Committees of the board meet as needed or required.
- Board members are asked to attend at least 70% of scheduled meetings, and two special events.
Expectations of Board Directors:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by The Artist Outreach’s mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote The Artist Outreach’s mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with The Artist Outreach’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the bylaws, policies and procedures of The Artist Outreach.
- Attend two (2) fundraising events annually
- Attend two (2) TAO class performances (on-site visits) annually
- Financially support The Artist Outreach through a $1,500 Give-N-Get Policy
Key Skills & Experiences:
Above all, we are looking for committed volunteers who are passionate about the arts and the value it can bring to educating our kids today or helping our veterans to heal.
Our current board of directors has a diverse range of backgrounds from entrepreneurs to realtors to bankers and we are particularly interested to hear from individuals who have experience with fundraising and/or marketing to help us increase our fundraising efforts in the coming years.
Please feel free to reach out to our Chief Executive Joseph Vincelli at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime with any questions. We will gladly accept interested parties from anywhere in the Continental U.S. with membership possible via virtual platforms.