Parkinson Voice Project is seeking a compassionate, friendly, and experienced individual to join our speech therapy clinic as a Medical Receptionist. Our clinic specializes in treating individuals with Parkinson's.
As part of our administrative team, you assist patients in scheduling, altering, and canceling therapy appointments. You also take a high volume of phone calls from patients over the telephone and are responsible for shipping therapy workbooks and supplies in a timely manner.
- You accurately record patient information in a database, prevent double-bookings, and route patient calls to the correct individual. Please note: Parkinson Voice Project does not bill insurance or charge for our speech therapy services; therefore, no experience in Medicare and insurance is necessary.
- You have excellent communication skills and impeccable phone etiquette. You show exceptional patience as you take workbook orders over the phone from people with Parkinson's from across the U.S.
- You assist patients who may have trouble logging into Zoom for their online speech therapy appointments and provide clear, concise instructions.
- Our ideal candidate has prior receptionist experience, especially in a medical setting, coupled with superb data entry and communication skills. Experience in Salesforce is a plus.
- Answer patient calls, field questions, and assist patients in making appointments and ordering workbooks.
- Change or cancel appointments as necessary.
- Accurately note all patient information according to confidentiality standards and HIPAA requirements.
- Route calls to the appropriate individual.
- Responsible for shipping workbooks and supplies to patients across the U.S.
- Maintain office equipment (e.g. Xerox machine).
- College degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and phone etiquette.
- Bilingualism (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Samantha Elandary at selandary@ParkinsonVoiceProject.org