Recovery Resource Council is seeking a full-time Master Level Licensed Marriage and Family Therapy Associate or Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (Veterans Programs) to provide evidenced-based counseling interventions to military veterans and their family members in-person at our Dallas location and at a distance statewide.
The ideal candidate would provide evidenced-based counseling interventions to military veterans and their family members with mental and/or behavioral health issues such as coping with PTSD, depression, anxiety, stress, personal or family crisis, substance abuse issues and/or other issues to help them reconnect as a family and improve their quality of life and overall functioning. Is able to deliver individual, couples, family, and youth counseling and has a background or has been trained in Marriage and Family Therapy. Works with referred clients to develop individualized treatment plans which may include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Systems Family Therapy, Seeking Safety, Trauma Informed Care, Referral to Higher Level of Care, and Family Support Services such as Parenting and Marriage Seminars. Develops individualized counseling plans to specifically target the unique needs of veterans and their family members. License required LMFT Associate or LPC Associate.
The selected candidate would have the following competencies:
- Military experience or knowledge of military cultural competence
- Ability to work one-on-one and independently
- Skill in formulating participant service plans and counseling/recovery goals and objectives
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Knowledge of military culture and/or experience working with veterans
- Knowledge of family systems
- Knowledge of family issues with chemical dependency
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of resources for chemically dependent
- Knowledge of 12-step groups and how they work
- Strong communication skills including ability to deliver presentations to a group
- Must have computer skills to include programs within Microsoft 365 and videoconferencing software
This position involves some travel between offices in Dallas, Denton and Fort Worth. Travel may include overnight. May require working extended hours and some evenings and weekends, as needed.
Interested parties should email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org