Department: Marketing - Reports to Executive Director
Status: Full-time; Nonexempt
Compensation: $12.00 per hour; plus Health insurance stipend and available Life/Vision/Dental benefits
Schedule: Monday through Friday; 7 hours/day; 35 hours per week.
Texas Discovery Gardens is an organic garden and tropical butterfly house in Dallas Texas, focused on providing natural learning experiences to children and adults. A full-time Marketing Manager is needed to professionally represent Texas Discovery Gardens in print and social media, our website, advertising and promotions, public relations, and development opportunities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Market The Gardens, special events, and classes online to blogs, media contacts, event calendars, etc.
- Create and maintain partnerships with media and businesses to market TDG
- Develop and manage Marketing/PR/Advertising budget
- Design and order signage, banners, brochures and flyers as needed
- Assist Development with oversight of annual fundraiser (planning, processing donations, seating, and billing)
- Write and distribute press releases and other information to the local media
- Oversee partner events at TDG and art gallery/artwork in collaboration with Guest Relations staff
- Attend training/meetings as required by management
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Excellent writing, spelling, and grammar skills; attention to detail
- Experience creating marketing materials using graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the marketing needs of the organization, departments, donors, patrons and board members
- Consummate team player that collaborates to deliver high quality communications
- Able to complete tasks successfully with minimal supervision
- Able to type, use the Internet, communicate via e-mail and use basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office
- Able to frequently to lift, carry, and move objects for promotional events and internal events
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time (usually 1-2 hours), occasionally outdoors
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Graphic Design or two years relevant experience
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting
- Experience with website layout and maintenance (Squarespace preferred)
- Photography experience a plus
Qualified applicants send resume and cover letter to BCorey@txdg.org no later than February 17.
Portfolio of marketing/design/social media work experience required upon interview.