The Dallas Symphony Orchestra has an exciting opportunity for an experienced marketing professional to join our world class organization. Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager is a critical member of the Sales and Marketing team working closely with our sales, marketing and design teams as well as our media partners to market and promote the Dallas Symphony Association, our concerts and special events. The day-to-day responsibilities for this role include creating and managing comprehensive marketing plans, buying media, developing promotional programs, writing compelling creative briefs, creating content calendars, tracking campaign performance and completing campaign wrap-up reports.
If you are an engaging storyteller, a data-obsessed marketer, a savvy-media planner, and are passionate about developing and retaining new audiences in the arts, we want to hear from you.
- Prepare and execute unique, comprehensive, strategic marketing and promotional campaigns for Dallas Symphony Association Concerts and Special Events
- Set advertising schedule for each show according to established budget and trade agreements
- Evaluate tactics, assess impact, and adjust strategies to improve the effectiveness of our marketing, promotions and outreach efforts
- Share best practices and insights with the team
- Prepare monthly and campaign specific wrap-up reports
- Set campaign timelines—ensuring campaigns are coordinated with other marketing and development efforts so that the right segments are getting the right communications and offers
- Develop strategic campaigns and then write concise design briefs with appropriate deadlines and design parameters, including a compelling narrative for each of your audiences
- Work with internal and external teams to coordinate effective on-site and off-site ticketing promotions; ensuring maximum usage of related promotional inventory
- Develop mailing lists and distribution plans for season brochures and promotional mailings
- Adhere to established performance budgets, monitoring invoices and keeping up to date records for Marketing Director
- Work with Graphic Design team to develop mail pieces, draft text, solicit production quotes and determine whether mailing will be conducted in-house or outsourced
- Buy radio, TV, print, direct mail, OOH and other media as needed according to established performance and/or campaign budgets
- Develop television/radio spots and submit/upload to stations by established deadlines
- Oversee production, content and calendar for promotional signs, posters and banners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and/or Communications preferred with a minimum of 6-8 years related experience in the arts and entertainment industry
- Superb writing and storytelling skills, with a strong copy writing background.
- Relentless data-driven approach to everything marketing; familiarity with Google Analytics, Tessitura, and other tracking tools preferred
- Ability to articulate a well thought-out plan, with clear goals and objectives and then manage program areas to organize and implement the plan
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously think strategically and creatively
- Outstanding prioritization and communication skills with the ability to meet demanding deadlines, manage multiple projects at once, interact with a broad variety of internal departments and external entities, manage and traffic multiple priorities
- Results-oriented team player with the ability to initiate and independently drive programs
- Successful record of accomplishment in marketing for an arts audience preferred
- Media planning and buying experience (out-of-home, print, TV, radio, and online)
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
The Dallas Symphony provides excellent benefits, free parking and tickets when available. Please submit resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dallas Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The DSO values diversity in our workplace. Discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, sexual orientation or national origin is prohibited. EOE-We value diversity in our workforce.