Under the direction of the Senior Director of Development and PR, the Marketing Manager is an agency Innovator. Broadly speaking, he/she is responsible for managing and implementing strategies that mobilize people to give, shop, advocate, and volunteer on behalf of Trinity Habitat. This includes responsibility for all agency publications, including the biannual HabiChat newsletters, annual reports, brochures, agency e-mail correspondence, agency website, online giving campaigns, direct mail fundraising appeals, event signage, and other agency publications and marketing pieces.
Innovators are independent and impactful decision makers. They constantly look for ways to improve their major program, challenge the system with new ideas and never settle for following a well-worn path!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities…
He or she must:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- At least three years communications experience
- Exceptional writing and communication skills and experience including public speaking
- Proficiency and experience working with:
- Microsoft 365 – Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Canva, as well as Adobe Creative Cloud – Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere/Rush
- WordPress/Elementor – knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Communication and Social Media platforms – MailChimp, SlickText, Zoom Pro, Facebook Business Suite and Ad Center, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Google Analytics, Google Ad Grants, Google My Business
- Photography, Videography, & Drone Equipment - Canon 80D, DJI Phantom 4 Pro, DJI Osmo Action & Osmo Mobile, video studio lighting, camera stabilizers and gimbals
- Knowledge and acceptance of the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, clients, customers, and the general public
- Knowledge and experience with writing, editing, and designing print and digital publications and marketing pieces
Position is full-time (40 hours a week) and works Monday through Friday. Office hours are flexible. Evening and weekend work is required. It is an exempt position. Conditions and benefits are contained in the board approved Employee Handbook.
- Agency Core Values strive for excellence while behaving well with all stakeholders
- Employee Handbook per the board mandated rules & other HR protocol
- Operations Manual understand established procedures
- Strategic Plan strive to obtain the long-term agency goals & objectives
- Team Goals strive to obtain your Team’s goals & objectives
- Personal Goals strive to obtain your personal goals & objectives
- Provide calm, confident, and positive leadership to the entire organization.
- Disseminate information readily to stake holders as appropriate.
- Submit accurate reports according to deadlines.
- When confronted with things with which you question, disagree, or have a concern, speak directly with those involved.
- Ensure that your area, office, and/or building is clean, organized, safe, and in compliance with all codes.
- Comply with grant requirements accordingly.
- Cross train with fellow staff to ensure a steady flow of business despite absences.
- Wholly manage a primary agency program.
- Routine, independent, subjective, and significant decision-making is required.
- Management Philosophy & System:
- Deploy Gung Ho management principles and practices. It is necessary to read the book Gung Ho by Ken Blanchard
- Utilize the Traction EOS management system. It is necessary to read the book Traction by Gino Wickman.
- Program budget creation and adherence.
- Assist the agency in the creation and operation of checks/balances to ensure system wide integrity. Think in terms of fraud and theft prevention.
- Create and maintain relationships with Habitat for Humanity International and other Habitat affiliates.
- Independently represents the agency outside of the office/warehouse/store.
- Authority to deviate from Operations Manual without prior approval for special circumstances.
- Oversee agency brand guidelines and ensure brand consistency throughout the agency. (website, signs, volunteer registration, press releases)
- Manage the design, writing, editing, printing, and distribution of agency publications, including, but not limited to, biannual HabiChat newsletters, annual reports, brochures, e-mail communication, agency website, online giving campaigns, direct mail fundraising appeals, event signage, and press releases
- Create and implement agency digital marketing strategy including social media, email campaigns, blog posts, online advertising, and search engine optimization, as well as maintaining online profiles such as Charity Navigator and Habitat.org.
- Foster relationships with Habitat families, sponsors, donors, and volunteers, and systematically collect and archive their stories and supporting media assets for promotional purposes, including the production of family profiles (print and digital).
- Work with Sponsor Relations Managers and sponsors to coordinate co-branded marketing of sponsors.
- Provide marketing support for all agency ReStore locations. Spend approximately 1/5 of time on ReStore Marketing:
- Oversee the digital and print ReStore marketing effort
- Provide input on store level marketing
- Provide input and support as needed for signage
- Oversee agency marketing budget.
- Provide organized digital asset management that is easily accessible by internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the Development Team to provide informal and formal recognition of sponsors, donors, and volunteers.
- Work with all departments to create and enhance programs, campaigns, and other marketing efforts that promote ever-increasing community engagement.
- Maintain publication calendar for emails, blogs, press releases, impact reports, social media, and all other agency publications.
- Provide reports relevant to areas of responsibility, such as marketing reach and online giving.
- Hire marketing support as needed (photographers, graphic artists, web developers).
- Procure and maintain agency marketing equipment and software, including all cameras and accessories.
- Take pictures and videos at build sites and other events for sponsors and overall marketing purposes.
- Speak at community, corporate or other gatherings with the intent to inform and promote funding, volunteering, and shopping on behalf of Trinity Habitat.
- Invite groups, individuals, and those in your personal and professional circles to HabiTours, the annual BUILDSTRONG Lunch, and other Habitat events as necessary.
- Provide development and support for special events, special donor recruitment, and direct mail projects.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Pleasant speaking voice and articulation.
- Availability to work on Saturdays and evenings, as necessary.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Valid Texas driver’s license and operational vehicle.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and a positive, fun working environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by email ONLY to: Lydia.Traina@TrinityHabitat.org.
No phone calls please.