The mission of the Retina Foundation of the Southwest is to prevent vision loss and restore sight through innovative research and treatment. Established in 1975, the Retina Foundation is a nonprofit, internationally-renowned eye research institute focused on developing treatments for pediatric eye conditions, inherited eye diseases, and age-related macular degeneration. Each year, more than 2,300 children and adults, referred by their eye care provider, are seen completely free of charge for specialized vision evaluations, genetic testing and counseling, and participation in clinical trials. We receive financial support for our research, clinical trials, and other programs from foundation grants, government grants, pharmaceutical contracts, contributions from individuals, and special events.
The Retina Foundation is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join our Development Team. The candidate will be responsible for planning and implementing all marketing activities at the Retina Foundation with support from the Development staff, Marketing Committee of our Board, and contractors. The Retina Foundation is looking to refresh our brand, expand awareness about our research, attract new audiences, and engage in new ways with our supporters. The overall goals for the Marketing Coordinator are to (1) help communicate and market the Retina Foundation’s research successes and needs, and (2) support fundraising efforts for the Retina Foundation with marketing initiatives for our events, giving campaigns, etc. To be successful in this role, the Marketing Coordinator must be able to successfully understand and translate high-level science and cutting-edge research for the lay audience.
- Lead the Retina Foundation’s brand audit and brand refresh efforts.
- Oversee the internal communications about our new branding guidelines (after they are completed) ensuring consistency across the refreshed Retina Foundation brand.
- Review projects across the organization to ensure proper grammar, accuracy, and meeting of style guidelines.
- Help review content documents across all departments for relevancy, consistency, and brand compliance.
- Work with our researchers, Development team, and Marketing Committee to better learn what our patient needs are in order to better market and advertise specific services for each of our three core areas – pediatric eye conditions, inherited eye diseases, and age-related macular degeneration.
- Help lead our efforts with our Marketing Committee. Engage additional volunteers, if needed, to carry out responsibilities.
- Coordinate market research to understand our audiences.
- Provide written content for branded emails, social media posts and campaigns, offline marketing materials, stories, and articles for our website.
- Keep the Retina Foundation’s social media pages active, engaging with followers, and growing our audiences.
- Keep the Retina Foundation’s website updated and relevant.
- Help create content for our Google search ads and ensure we remain eligible for the Google Ad Grant program.
- Utilize our SEO reports and keyword research to improve our website, social media, and Google search ads.
- Create and manage multi-channel campaigns for the Development team’s Visionary Luncheon (our annual fundraising event), North Texas Giving Day, Giving Tuesday, Year-End Giving, etc. as well as campaigns to highlight our research accomplishments and recent research activities.
- Represent the Retina Foundation at events both on-site and within the community.
- Help identify opportunities for new content and PR-based projects that drive organizational objectives.
- Collect data to improve quality and effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
Experience and General Requirements
- 4-year college degree, preferably Marketing, Advertising or related field.
- Mid-level marketing experience with a minimum of 3-5 years in marketing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Self-starter who can work well independently as well as with colleagues, volunteers, donors, and patients.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Unparalleled communication, writing, and editing skills required.
- Keen eye for graphic design, attention to detail, and creativity.
- Proficiency with various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Interest and knowledge of current events and marketing trends within specific geographic area(s).
- Experience in video and/or photo editing is a plus.
- Experience in graphic design is a plus.
A competitive salary, commensurate with experience + outstanding benefits including medical and dental insurance, a 401k plan with employer match, PTO, etc.