Position Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Marketing & Communications
Status: Full Time; exempt
Since 1961, The Senior Source has served greater Dallas as the go-to nonprofit for aging services. We assist older adults at all income levels from the most active to the very frail. People come to us for help with job searches, long-term care resident advocacy, money management, guardianship, volunteer opportunities and counseling on various aging issues.
The mission of The Senior Source is to enhance the quality of life and empower all older adults in greater Dallas to thrive. Consider being a leader in an organization that strives to triple the number of older adults it supports, through assistance, education and award-winning programming. In order to accomplish this, The Senior Source seeks a dynamic, mission driven individual to support our marketing and development efforts. We are looking for a strong writer and an out of the box thinker with and ear for compelling storytelling. You will be responsible to ensure our messages are always clear, consistent, and fresh.
Our Core Values
- Recognizing the value of older adults
- Quality Service
As the Marketing Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing and the Chief Development officer, creating compelling content for our traditional and digital initiatives including, but not limited to- web content, print collateral, donor appeals, social media messages, press releases, newsletters, etc.
- Day-to-day management of the agency’s social media channels with a focus on proper messaging (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Business, YouTube, Nextdoor)
- Serving as a story-teller and advocate for seniors ensuring the dignity and respect of Dallas-area older adults, clients, and volunteers of The Senior Source are maintained to the highest degree
- Assisting with creating and editing communications copy for a variety of audiences.
- Identifying social channels, blogs, forums, etc. for contribution and engagement targeting influencers and audiences to maximize visibility and reach of The Senior Source’s digital content
- Assisting in developing, creating and deploying content across all digital outlets including TheSeniorSource.org and ElderFinancialSafetyCenter.org, as well as multiple social media platforms. In doing so, will ensure consistent messaging, tone, and style are achieved
- Assisting in the creation of an editorial content calendar outlining strategic promotions, events, and newsworthy articles are highlighted
- Researching and identifying trends and insights with regard to social media and digital marketing
- Optimizing copy and landing pages for SEO
- Tracking metrics that influence content strategy
- Performing ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities with recommendations for organic search success
- 4-year degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field preferred
- 3 + years of content writing/copywriting experience
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge in social media platforms
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Office setting, occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
Equal opportunity employer/service provider.
Interested individuals should send resume and cover letter to KDupont@TheSeniorSource.org