KidLinks is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission of linking kids to healing, hope and happiness through music and media. For decades, KidLinks has provided musical hugs, helping to enable kids to find a safe and positive way to connect with their emotions and successfully deal with the illness or situation they face - through a library of songs and in-hospital performances, in addition to professional music therapy services.
The marketing and communications director will play a critical role in increasing brand awareness and improving social media presence. Reporting directly to the CEO, this individual will develop, execute and track strategic marketing and communication initiatives with the overall goal of increasing the engagement among parents and caregivers, caregiving organizations and donor audiences. The role requires autonomous high-level thinking with attention to details.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Operate all marketing and communication efforts for KidLinks to increase awareness and user engagement
- Track, collect, and organize relevant data and analytics from all marketing efforts
- Evaluate weekly and monthly marketing and communication efforts, creating metrics reports to curate key points and provide insights that lead to actionable recommendations for the CEO and the Board of Directors
- Provide market and customer insights based on the internal and external data analysis to the music content team to continuously increase and improve the content.
- Improve marketing channels and collateral to increase communication efficiency between KidLinks and its users.
- Develop informative weekly and monthly eNewsletters to donors and caregivers
- Assist with Ad Hoc fundraising events
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or other design software
- Experience and proficiency with social media platforms
- Strong analytical skills within social media and marketing efforts
- High energy, drive, and maturity. Demonstrated persistence, tenacity, and ability to overcome obstacles
- Proactive, detail oriented and organized
- Ability to analyze and interpret data as well as synthesize associated recommendations
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple initiatives meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated quantitative skills
- Experience with social media, Google Analytics, Paid Ad Search
- Experience with MailChimp is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Business Administration, Marketing / Advertising, Public Relations, Communication, or quantitative related field
- Marketing or Public Relations majors preferred
Flexible Schedule, Paid time off, sick leave and attractive Holiday-Off schedule. Employer matched Simple IRA after one (1) year of employment. Work site flexibility. Cell phone allowance. Group insurance is currently unavailable but open for negotiation. Salary range $40-50K/annually.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Marketing Communications Director.