Develop and manage communications strategy including approach to internal and external audiences
• Manage media relations outreach and response for both the Forum and Foundation, including contacts with media to promote public events such as the Emerging Issues Symposium.
Support may include writing press releases, designing materials, social media strategy, coordination with sponsors and media outlets on ads and artwork, supporting committee members, and coverage of meetings for multiple venues (newsletter, social media, web site).
• Develop and implement social media strategy, including creation and maintenance of two Facebook pages, Twitter account, and timely postings to all accounts. Also, propose additional tools that may be of use in promoting the Forum or assisting the Foundation.
• Manage web site, including creating new content and visuals, writing monthly summaries of meetings, posting photos, updating content regularly, ensuring accuracy and good presentation.
• Cover meetings and other scheduled events for the newsletter, web site and social media, including taking photos, editing images, writing captions and summaries, and posting to social media and web site.
• Identify new tools and tactics for promoting luncheons and other programs internally and externally
• Collaborate with like-minded organizations on joint events and marketing efforts through organizing committees and subcommittees (Example: Toluca Exchange, Symposium).
SALARY AND HOURS: $20 an hour; average 15 hours per month plus hours for fall Symposium
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org