CHILDCAREGROUP’S CORE VALUES
SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF POSITION
Founded in 1901, ChildCareGroup’s mission is to champion a strong early childhood system that teaches children and parents, trains early childhood professionals, and assists families.
This position is responsible for implementing, monitoring and maintaining the school-based Head Start program for ChildCareGroup (CCG). ChildCareGroup partners with 5 local Independent School Districts to provide Head Start services to preK children at 10 campus locations. The position is responsible for supervising 3 ISD coordinators and 21 Head Start teachers at the campuses, working with campus administrators and serving as a liaison between CCG and local ISDs. Works under supervision of the Director of Partnerships with considerable demand for independent judgment and action.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Program Management: Works collaboratively with ISD administration to ensure quality of care and education and compliance with Office of Head Start Performance Standards at each school. Responsible for integrating CCG and school district standards and expectations into program for best outcomes. Uses data sources (child assessments, self-assessment, parent input) to identify strengths and challenges of program and develop plans for quality improvement as needed.
- Supervises teaching staff: Supervises teaching staff and ensures that all required degree plans are in place for each staff person. Monitors classroom instruction, provides mentoring and professional development opportunities, as appropriate. Works with ISD staff to ensure classroom collaboration between CCG teacher and ISD teacher in co-teaching environment. Conducts CLASS assessments as needed.
- Recruitment/Enrollment: Assists ISD staff and CCG family services staff with recruiting and enrollment plans, as needed. Maintains enrollment records and ensures compliance with both Office of Head Start and Texas Education Agency (TEA) requirements.
- Records Management: Maintains and ensures completion of all required reporting documents for CCG and ISDs, including child assessments, family assessments, and parent engagement documents. Uses data to make program decisions for continuous quality improvement.
- Substitute Teachers: Recruits and maintains substitute teacher list in collaboration with CCG’s Human Resource department and ISDs. Calls substitutes when needed.
- Assist in classrooms: Available to assist in classrooms as needed.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Assists with special projects and performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or elementary education required. (preK teacher certification preferred)
Experience and Skills Required:
Minimum of four (4) years working in a management role preferred.
Experience with preK classrooms preferred. Experience with Head Start preferred. Knowledge of CLASS required; CLASS certification preferred. Must have experience working with a variety of early childhood curricula.
Must demonstrate ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders – parents, teachers, community leaders, and partnership staff
Must demonstrate leadership ability and the ability to function as a team member
Prompt and regular attendance
Unquestioned integrity and commitment to uphold ChildCareGroup’s mission, vision and core values
Other desired skills:
Computer, Server, fax, scanner and all office equipment
- Position serves a variety of school campuses in Richardson, Garland, Mesquite, Duncanville and Dallas.
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license with driving record acceptable to CCG's automobile insurance carrier, liability insurance coverage and own transportation available.
- Ability to travel locally or out of town required. Mileage reimbursement is provided for required travel
- Position works primarily remotely with limited time at the ChildCareGroup main office.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Physical: Work requires normal physical effort with any lifting restricted to items weighing less than 25 pounds; visual attention; manual dexterity/coordination.
Contacts: Position has daily contact with parents, staff and community partners
ChildCareGroup is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Please apply online at www.childcaregroup.org