CitySquare is a nonprofit organization offering a comprehensive array of social services that address four key areas related to the persistence of poverty: hunger, health, housing, and hope. Together, our social service programs impact more than 50,000 lives in Dallas and the surrounding areas.
The Manager of Major Gifts is responsible for developing a comprehensive strategy for individual giving. This position is accountable for establishing and building relationships with CitySquare donors, through the identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation of gifts of $10,000 or more. S/he will execute and track fundraising efforts, develop and manage a portfolio of major donors, provide analysis and recommendations for increasing major giving fundraising outcomes, expand donor base, increase major giving support, facilitate meaningful stewardship, and build a sustainable major gifts program. The Manager of Major Gifts will also work closely with the Chief Advancement Officer to engage high-level donors.
- Work with Chief Advancement Officer to set annual performance targets for this role.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of donors and prospects in accordance with industry best practices, meeting or exceeding annual performance targets.
- Use giving societies to support the acquisition of new donors, the retention of past/current donors, the differential giving potential and increase giving opportunities.
- Conduct research to identify prospective donors and create strategies to match donor interests with organizational priorities.
- Effectively use donor database to ensure appropriate management of donors and prospects.
- Work collaboratively within development team and interdepartmentally.
- Facilitate donor prospecting and research; prepare tailored proposals as necessary.
- Build a culture of philanthropy by ensuring proper acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship of donor portfolio.
- Work with CAO to coordinate the recognition and naming activities associated with major gifts.
- Follow industry best practices.
- Participate in key donor cultivation and stewardship events.
- Perform other departmental-related duties as requested or assigned
Education: • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required, preferably in Nonprofit Management, Marketing/Communications, Business, Human Services, or other related field.
Experience: Possess at least 5 years of experience in fundraising and development, with progressive and successful development skill with individual giving programs. Demonstrated experience and success in a fundraising program, with a focus on effective solicitation and stewardship. Strong background in database management and reporting with experience in BlackBaud Raiser’s Edge NXT is a plus.
Additional Requirements: Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to work occasional over-time and flexible hours as needed/requested. Ability to work in a high energy, team setting. This individual must have excellent proven writing/spelling, analytical, and verbal communication skills and interested in a career in fundraising.
Interested applicants should apply by visiting https://apply.workable.com/citysquare/j/E4EEA2424E