Position: Manager of Individual Giving
Reports to: Head of Museum Advancement
Revision Date: October 2019
Classification: Salaried Exempt
The Manager of Individual Giving assists the Head of Museum Advancement to facilitate individual giving across all levels to ensure the achievement of annual fundraising goals. Responsible for developing and implementing individual giving campaigns, overseeing the museum’s major gifts program, and stewarding and sustaining long-lasting relationships in support of the museum’s mission.
- Works with the Head of Museum Advancement to create department goals and strategies for individual giving; identify individual donor prospects and appropriate funding opportunities for current and long-term projects; and develop prospect action plans, proposals, and reports for major gifts.
- Participates in the Carter’s relationship management advancement model by facilitating cultivation and stewardship of individual givers. Works closely with the museum’s leadership team and other staff to facilitate strong donor engagement.
- Oversees annual campaigns for individual giving including the museum’s fall appeal, spring appeal, and North Texas Giving Day.
- Works closely with the Manager of Museum Advancement to identify individual donor prospects for upper-level membership.
- Works with the entire development department as a team member and facilitates cohesive implementation of all strategies.
- Coordinates donor cultivation and stewardship events throughout the year.
- Works with the Head of Museum Advancement to develop and implement a new museum strategy for planned giving.
- Assists with development and production of development collateral materials and digital solicitations, including giving through the museum website.
- Coordinate and implement donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship calls and visits. Coordinate thank-you calls and acknowledgements. Record appropriate information into Raisers Edge.
- Maintain confidentiality of museum and donor information.
- Other duties as requested.
Skills and Requirements
- Previous museum experience
- Raiser’s Edge Experience preferred
- Experience with budget development and management
- Excellent written communication and organizational skill; proficient in composition, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in relationship-building and donor cultivation, retention, and stewardship.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work independently.
- Ability to work well with multiple internal stakeholders to achieve success.
- Proven strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills required to deal with a wide variety of constituents.
- Collaborative; establishes strong working relations and promotes productive cooperation.
- B. A. or B.S. degree
- proven experience in non-profit and development fields
- 3 - 7 years of experience in non-profit development work required
Other Job Requirements
- Maintain confidentiality of all museum information and records.
- Some evening/weekend work and travel required.
- Must satisfactorily complete MVR, background check and drug screen.