The Manager of Grants, Development, and Marketing helps secure financial resources by the creation and management of grants, appeals, and special events, which support the programs and services of Sixty & Better. The Manager is also responsible for helping to build and manage the organization's brand and website and all aspects of marketing communications to raise awareness of the organization. The Manager reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the management of the organization, Board members, and committee members. Bachelor's degree is required with at least 5 years of experience in grant writing, marketing, and development.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree required with at least 5 years of experience in grant writing, marketing, and development. Proven experience in fundraising and marketing activities such as: annual reports, grant research and management, special events, planned giving, donor database management, and donor recognition; as well as marketing campaigns and promotions, direct mail, email campaigns, social media strategy and execution, editorial development, newsletters, and brochures. Experience in managing and maintaining large lists, such as email database, donor database, and grant database is a must.
Job Specifications, Skills, and Abilities
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidate must be a good writer and a keen editor. Ability to problem solve as well as organize and manage complex database structures. High-energy, outgoing, team player, with a passion for Sixty & Better’s mission is essential. Documented experience with nonprofit fundraising, marketing, and social media. The ability to keep financial records, and to develop and produce accurate and professional reports. Working mastery of computer programs (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and a familiarity of using software and online tools (including MailChimp, Bloomerang, Go Daddy, WordPress, and/or Squarespace). Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
In coordination with the Executive Director, and within agency guidelines and procedures, recommends, develops, and supports fundraising and promotional efforts, opportunities, and methodologies that accomplish the mission and Sixty & Better’s strategic plan for fund development and marketing.
Internal and External Communication
Internal contacts include daily email, phone, and personal communication with staff members, Board members, volunteers, and interns. For example, the Manager of Grants, Development, and Marketing will frequently consult with the Finance Department to prepare budgets, monitor costs, and make reports as well as apply for local, state and federal grant assistance. External email, phone, and meeting contacts will be with vendors, foundation representatives, individual donors, community/corporate leaders, fundraising organizations, and local media, among others. Some contacts may happen after hours and on weekends.
Works with the Board of Directors, the Board’s Resource Development and Public Relations Committee, the Community Advisory Council, as well as special committees associated with fundraising and/or marketing activities and special events.
Coordinate staff participation, event organizers, project volunteers, and interns.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have own transportation and a valid Texas driver’s license. Must be willing to use one’s personal automobile for agency business. (Sixty & Better reimburses for mileage for agency business.)
Consequence of Errors
Errors could result in loss of productive time, dissatisfaction, and loss of clients, volunteers, donors, or supporters; financial loss for the agency; damage to agency’s reputation; and possible lawsuits against the agency.
Exposure to Confidential Information
The Manager of Grants, Development, and Marketing has access to client, donor, and volunteer personal information and to funding resources information. Unauthorized release of information could result in dissatisfied clients or volunteers, loss of donors and funding, and possible lawsuits against the agency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An ability to tolerate working in a sometimes stressful and demanding environment is essential.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sixty & Better provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Position Detail: Manager of Grants, Development, and Marketing
- In collaboration with the Executive Director:
- Assist in developing an annual comprehensive development plan with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes, and timelines that will achieve budgeted goals.
- Responsible for researching, writing, and submitting new and renewed grants, tracking due dates, and reporting deadlines.
- Responsible for working closely with staff to review program services to obtain information for reporting, comply with donor expectations and be aware of programmatic needs for funding to fill gaps or unmet needs of clients.
- Assist in investigating possibilities of program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization's brand in the community and increase avenues of support.
- Help organize and manage the donor database as well as the grant and foundations database.
- Other duties as assigned
- In collaboration with the Executive Director:
- Help to develop and execute a comprehensive marketing plan that includes events, media relations, press releases and media advisories, social networking, Annual Report, website, newsletters, and branding.
- Assist in creating, recommending, and implementing marketing programs and campaigns for programs and services of the organization.
- Assist in developing market research studies and analyze findings.
- Help grow positive awareness of the organization and strengthen its reputation with clients, funders, and the communities Sixty & Better serves.
- Collaborate with staff, Board and committee members, volunteers, and vendors to implement new and modified promotional programs, campaigns, special events, and strategic initiatives.
- Monitor and help analyze the performance of marketing agency programs to guide current and future strategies.
- Manage the production and distribution of quality ancillary materials that support development and marketing goals.
- In conjunction with staff, Board and committee members, assist with the cultivation of civic organizations, the Board of Directors, corporate, foundation and business representatives via presentations, tours, and volunteerism.
- Help organize and manage email database.
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Sareth Collins, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org