The Manager of Foundation and Government Relations will write and submit grant proposals to support all symphony programs and cultivate relationships with current donors and new foundations to the meet budgeted organizational needs for support of the DSO’s programs and initiatives.
Job duties include:
- Aggressively pursue grants by compiling, writing, editing and submitting compelling grant proposals and letters of inquiry for general operating and restricted project grants to local, regional and national private and family foundations, government entities, corporate, and other philanthropic organizations
- Actively research a minimum of 10 grant-making organizations per week and analyze them to identity likely funding sources for specific projects and programs and bring a minimum of 5 new opportunities per week to supervisor
- Develop individual grant proposals in accordance with each grant-making organization’s preferences and follow each grant-making organization’s guidelines
- Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to supply additional supportive materials
- Manage the process of supplying progress reports when required by a grant-making organizations that has funded a project or program
- Steward a portfolio of 35+ existing foundation donors; craft timely, personalized acknowledgment letters to funders for new pledges and grant payments
- Maintain accurate and current donor records and activity reports in Tessitura
- Write and review other Development Department communications as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree and 3 plus years of experience, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The Dallas Symphony provides excellent benefits, free parking and tickets when available. Please submit resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Dallas Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The DSO values diversity in our workplace. Discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, sexual orientation or national origin is prohibited.