The AT&T Performing Arts Center is seeking a Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis at our downtown Dallas office. The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is responsible for strategic planning support, budgeting and forecasting and will play a key role in enhancing the Center’s financial reporting capabilities.
The ideal candidate will have advanced financial modeling (Excel) and analysis skills, an analytical mindset, intellectual curiosity for how the business functions end-to-end, and a drive to improve operational performance through a proactive and collaborative approach.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the internal reporting function of the company, including monthly performance, reforecasts, variance analysis and ad hoc analysis as required by executive leadership
- Manage and improve the accuracy of the cash forecasting model on an ongoing basis
- Manage and improve the covenant compliance forecasting model, with an additional focus on creating a quarterly reporting package for our banking partners
- Manage and improve the multi-year budget and free cash-flow forecast model
- Develop tools to quickly and accurately settle/report on the financial performance of various programming staged by the Center
- In partnership with the Director of Finance and Accounting Manager, integrate company-wide staffing needs and associated costs (short term and long term) into the financial forecast models
- Maintain and develop insightful metrics for financial fitness and overall operational performance
- Assist in the preparation of the financial reporting package to the board of directors, finance and executive committees
- Provide analysis and support to the CFO, Director of Finance and President/Chief Executive Officer as needed
- Support cross-functional senior management team with information and financial data further enabling strategic decisions
- Advise and collaborate with the executive team on strategic, financial and operational decisions
- Prepare financial reports that summarize show performance versus budget/projection and provide variance explanations; present at monthly review meetings with cross-functional team members.
- Prepare and manage annual capital budget, including fixed asset purchase approval, reconciliations, quarterly depreciation journal entries and reporting
- Assist Director of Finance with year-end audit
- Communicate with other company personnel and contacts outside the company with limited supervision
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in finance, accounting, or business; MBA preferred
- Exceptional analytical and data modeling skills. Experience applying these skills to complex data sets and developing financial reports that help improve operational performance.
- Must have thorough and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel; should be an advanced user with experience linking multiple worksheets, using pivot tables, and writing nested functions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to translate analysis into the “So what?” actionable recommendation.
- Must have knowledge of basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.), accounting functions, and familiarity with the preparation and analysis of the statement of financial position (balance sheet), statement of activities (income statement) and statement of cash flows.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Experience working with complex computer systems/financial applications, Intacct accounting system experience a plus.
- Ability to confidently communicate to executive management and board of directors.
- Knowledge of nonprofit GAAP a plus.
- Flexibility to prioritize assignments and manage tight timelines concurrently to complete tasks.
AT&T Performing Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
For immediate consideration, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
ABOUT THE AT&T PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
The AT&T Performing Arts Center is a nonprofit foundation that operates and programs a 10-acre campus comprised of three premier performance venues and a park in downtown Dallas. Audiences enjoy the best and most recent from Broadway; the finest dance companies from across the globe co-presented with TITAS Presents; and top concerts, performers and cutting-edge speakers. Thousands of students explore and more deeply experience the arts through the Center’s education program, Open Stages. The Center also offers free programming for audiences from every part of the community.
The Center’s mission is to provide a public gathering place that strengthens community and fosters creativity through the presentation of performing arts and arts education programs.
The Center’s culture is to focus on the values that guide its people's actions. The Center’s Core Values are to passionately pursue our mission by being:
- Achievement Focused - Committed to the advancement and cultivation of the Performing Arts in Dallas
- Community Minded – Actively fostering and participating in meaningful community interactions
- Customer Service Driven – Dedicated to the service of internal and external constituents so that all want to return
- Flexible – Willing to change to achieve results
The Center’s five resident companies are among the city’s leading arts institutions: Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico, Dallas Black Dance Theatre, The Dallas Opera, Dallas Theater Center and Texas Ballet Theater.
Designed by internationally acclaimed architects, the Center’s campus includes the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House, Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre, Annette Strauss Square, and Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park are some of the finest performance venues in the world.