The Family Place has an exciting opportunity for someone who loves to train others and who is passionate about helping those who are affected by domestic violence.
POSITION SUMMARY: The learning and development manager is responsible for the onboarding, training and professional development of The Family Place employees. The ideal Manager for Learning and Development candidate has worked in a social services environment and private sector training department and is optimistic, has inspiring leadership skills, a growth mindset, can relate to employees on all levels, and a wholehearted belief in The Family Place’s mission to create brighter futures for survivors of domestic violence.
- Creates, promotes and fosters individual and organizational effectiveness by developing and offering an array of innovative and diverse programs in support of the organization’s commitment to employee development, partnerships, and organizational enrichment.
- Aligns training and development with the organization's strategic goals.
- Designs and delivers face to face, virtual courses, workshops, seminars and other trainings through the ADDIE and/or SAM models.
- Leads, facilitates and coordinates monthly New Employee Orientation (NEO) for full and part time staff and creates content delivery, scheduling/coordinating delivery, identifying facilitator replacements, and evaluating the collective experience.
- Works with departments to identify SME (subject matter experts) to assist with creating and delivering learning opportunities for staff; coaches and trains SME’s with their delivery and presentation style.
- Works with Program Directors to identify curriculum-based training and/or learning plans for positions in their program and develops learning plans through the LMS.
- Facilitates and coordinates internal on-going professional development training classes, instructor led, (8 annually) that provides CEU’s (continuing education credits) for social work and counseling positions.
- Provides quality, cost-effective training designed to increase individual and organizational productivity and enrichment.
- Develops or updates training programs to ensure that they are current and makes the best use of available resources.
- Communicates with Strategy Grants Manager to review and evaluate training content for compliance with government grant applications and position requirements.
Learning Management System Administration:
- Manages and maintains the function of the learning management system to help track employee records through transcripts and dashboards.
- Oversees the administration of the learning management system,
- Uploades and updates content,
- Organizes learning and lesson plans,
- Creates and maintains catalogs,
- Assigs training and notification management,
- Provides end-user support, technical expertise and maintains and edits user groups.
- Designs and develop e-learning materials that include eLearning modules, participant guides, storyboards, tutorials, demonstration videos, reference material, job aids, and on the job training materials.
- Reviews monthly KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) to ensure use of the LMS is above 50%.
- Conducts follow-up studies and evaluations of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
Manages training technology and materials:
- Manages training laptops and training equipment and partners with the IT department to ensure laptops are up to date.
- Oversees the creation of training program training manuals, new employee on-boarding manuals, online learning modules, and other educational materials for employees; ensures training material is organized and readily accessible.
- Maintains professional development training calendar.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BS (Masters preferred) in learning & development, instructional design, or comparable field and 2-4 years in a learning and development capacity.
- Experienced Project Management.
- Technical Business Skills/Technical Writing
- Advanced Organizational and Time Management Skills.
- Proven ability to design online courses.
Software Experience Required:
- Advanced experienced managing an LMS, preferably SumTotal.
- Advanced experience working with an authoring tool, preferably Articulate.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, preferably photoshop and premier.
- Working knowledge of CanvaPro.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Skilled at using an I-Phone or I-Pad to shoot and edit short videos.
Proven working knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design methodologies (ADDIE Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation)
Competitive Salary and excellent benefits!
Please go online and complete application: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=42739&clientkey=0DC225B2B822024CFBBE565F471B0589