Purpose: With guidance from the VP – Programs, Manager - Grants and Programs manages various projects and grant cycle duties to ensure alignment with the Foundation’s grantmaking program and overall mission and goals. This individual will ensure accuracy and compliance with state and federal regulations and organization policies. This position is responsible for the integrity of each transaction, verifying grantee information, entering data and preparing grant award letters and contracts. Manager - Grants and Programs will also support TXWF programs such as #BestSelf, Young Women’s Initiative, and Women’s Leadership Institute as needed.
• Effective Communications – Listens actively to information presented by others. Clearly expresses the desired outcome. Keeps all appropriate parties informed on projects, issues, and/or events.
• Detail-Oriented – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks; Compares observations of finished work to what is expected to find inconsistencies. Remains aware and takes care of details that are easy to overlook or dismiss as insignificant.
• Initiative – Proactively anticipates business needs and takes initiative to respond effectively and efficiently. Anticipates and recognizes potential or realized issues/problems and quickly refers to the appropriate person or department for resolution.
• Problem Solving, Analysis, and Decision Making - Identifies, analyzes, and provides creative and effective solutions to individual and organizational problems. Analyzes financial information and data, interprets and evaluates results, and prepares detailed, meaningful reports. Gathers appropriate information and makes timely and effective decisions Takes responsibility for decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities listed below, though other duties may be assigned.
• Manages the grants and programs’ administrative needs to ensure the full success of the team.
• Responds to inquiries and requests for information via phone, email, and in-person from grantees.
• Provides timely, responsive, and professional customer service to internal and external audiences.
• Maintains confidential information with discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
• Works cross-departmentally to support and enhance communications with items related to grants and programs. Addresses questions or issues when appropriate.
• Manages all logistical needs for Program and Advocacy committees and their associated activities. Includes scheduling and minutes.
Grants and Program Management
• In collaboration with the Senior Manager – Grants, manages the breadth of the community grant cycle from providing notification of the RFP to award notification.
• Assists the Senior Manager – Grants with community NTX Grants, Donor Advised Funds, and giving circles.
• Researches and resolves issues regarding grant payments and any programming needs.
• Serves as a resource to grantees and grant applicants on the Foundation’s guidelines and grants
process for the community grant cycle.
• Assists with the development of grant applications, submission of grant requests, and other data entry support as needed.
• Assists with special projects, including database updates, record retention, data integrity, and participation in working groups.
• Supports TXWF programs such as #BestSelf, Young Women’s Initiative, and Women’s Leadership
Institute as needed
• Collaborates with VP – Programs to plan for and prepare board dockets and other materials for Foundation Executive and Board meetings.
• Represents the Foundation at community and grant events.
• Collaborates with Senior Manager – Grants to present at grantee information sessions and grant reviewer orientations.
• Supports the VP – Programs on Advocacy initiatives.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each qualification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Professional, dependable and proactive
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, set priorities, and manage details.
• Exceptional organizational skills and a commitment to quality
• Possesses professional maturity and the ability to project a professional company image with internal and external audiences whether in-person or over the phone.
• Associate degree required plus relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; data entry and database management experience preferred.
• At least three years of administrative experience
• Experience in nonprofit organizations preferred.
• Experience with Blackbaud products, including Raiser’s Edge, a plus
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Moderate stress level
• Moderate noise level
• Regular and predictable attendance
• Occasional standing and lifting of at least 20 pounds.
• Long periods of sitting.
• Occasional weekend and/or evening availability
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format to email@example.com.