We are currently seeking an individual to join our Major Gifts team. Under the direction of the Director of Development, the stewardship specialist will be responsible for a personal revenue goal through soliciting mid-level gifts and will share responsibility for the achievement of department revenue goals. This individual will also assist with operational, administrative, and event activities designed to engage, cultivate, steward, expand and diversify current and prospective donors for KERA/KXT.
· Effectively steward the organization’s relationships with mid-level donors in the $500-$1500 range through daily interactions, including written correspondence, phone calls, visits, and events.
· Provide project management and benefit fulfillment for all major gift donors.
· Manage and oversee donor prospect related activities with major gifts team.
· Maximize efficiency and accuracy of Major Gifts program by effectively managing donor database account information through ongoing data input, data cleaning, the addition of interactions and research, and regular review of database reports and file pulls.
· Work with major gifts and membership staff to develop donor and moves management strategies.
· Work with marketing and member services to grow and diversify donor base.
· Produce daily, monthly and yearly reports of departmental fundraising achievements and donor interactions.
· Support execution of marketing strategies and cultivation events for Friends of KERA program.
· Work with staff and volunteers to identify and cultivate new major donors.
· Develop strategies for increasing retention of current donors.
· Manage departmental financial reporting including reconciliation with accounting office.
· Participate in department-wide strategic planning, restricted funding solicitation of individuals and foundations, and planned giving program.
· Other duties as assigned.
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you don't meet every job qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be a good fit, we'd like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
· A bachelor's degree in a relevant field, or equivalent fundraising and event planning experience.
· Three to five years of fundraising experience in a non-profit setting.
· Highly organized and detailed in order to manage the planning and execution of multiple activities at any given time.
· Able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, problem solve and meet deadlines.
· A self-starter who will take charge of an assignment and ask questions as needed.
· Excellent communicator, including writing, proofreading and speaking.
· Possesses professional interpersonal and social skills suitable to working with a variety of staff, major donors, leadership volunteers, speakers/entertainers and their representatives, as well as vendors/contractors.
· Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
· Always displays high ethics and responsibility.
· Has a keen desire to deliver exceptional customer service.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Tessitura
· Must have valid driver's license and be willing to travel in the North Texas metro area.
· Occasional evening and weekend work is required during events.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range supporters and potential supporters representing various interests within our community
KERA is currently operating remotely due to the pandemic, and this job will primarily be performed remotely at this time. We expect that this position will eventually work out of our office on either a full or part-time basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a resume, cover letter and let us know how you found out about this position. Submit your application via kera.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KERA believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.