Assist the Director of Grants & Foundation in researching and writing grant applications as well as reporting on successful proposals to funders. The position includes meeting with foundation officers to discuss KERA’s public broadcasting mission and tracking existing grant-funded projects within the organization.
• Research, prepare, submit and manage foundation, corporate and government grant proposals for KERA.
• Acquire and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the mission, vision, services, content and strategic funding priorities of KERA.
• Ensure timely and appropriate communication with related to grant opportunities, deadlines and stewardship.
• Work with key content and finance staff to gather information and define the budgets of projects and programs for which funding is sought.
• Research and evaluate prospective grant-making entities to determine their potential as a source of revenue for KERA’s objectives.
• Collaborate with the development staff at KERA’s non-profit partners and sister stations to create joint funding opportunities.
• Write, edit and compile materials in exact compliance with application and reporting requirements.
• Provide stewardship to current and prospect donors, including attending fundraising events and conducting tours of KERA facilities.
• Make appointments for KERA staff and community volunteers with foundation officers and other prospects.
• Maintain records, and track grants and schedules.
• Gather national, state or regional statistics for applications.
• Meet budgeted revenue goals.
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you don't meet every job qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be the right candidate, we'd like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
• 1-3 years of writing successful grant proposals for a variety of foundation, government and corporate grant-making entities.
• Strong written communications skills and ability to write and edit succinct, articulate and persuasive proposals.
• Advanced command of proper grammar and spelling with keen attention to detail.
• Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospects.
• Excellent computer skills including research, donor database entry, word processing and spreadsheets.
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines while producing quality work.
• Ability to monitor and meet income goals.
• A bachelor's degree in a relevant field with grant writing experience.
• 1-3 years of fundraising experience in a non-profit setting.
• Highly organized and detailed in order to manage the planning and execution of multiple activities at any given time.
• Able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, problem solve and meet deadlines.
• A self-starter who will take charge of an assignment and ask questions as needed.
• Excellent communicator, including writing, proofreading and speaking.
• Possesses professional interpersonal and social skills suitable to working with a variety of staff, major donors, leadership volunteers, speakers/entertainers and their representatives, as well as vendors/contractors.
• Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Always displays high ethics and responsibility.
• Has a keen desire to deliver exceptional customer service.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Must have valid driver's license and be willing to travel in the North Texas metro area.
• Occasional evening and weekend work is required during events.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range supporters and potential supporters representing various interests within our community.
KERA is currently operating remotely due to the pandemic, and this job will primarily be performed remotely at this time. We expect that this position will eventually work out of our office on either a full or part-time basis.
Salary: $52,413 - $58,705 and comprehensive benefits package
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the application on KERA’s employment page. Click here.
- Attach a resume and cover letter summarizing how you would approach the job, professional accomplishments and qualifications.
- Please include how you found out about this position in your cover letter.
North Texas Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA believes that diversity is crucial to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.