North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc, (KERA), the PBS and NPR affiliate of North Texas, is a not-for-profit public media organization reaching the fifth-largest media market in the United States through KERA TV, KERA 90.1 FM and music station KXT 91.7. For nearly 60 years North Texans have turned to KERA as a vibrant destination for community engagement and lifelong learning. KERA produces original multimedia content, carries the best in national and international public television and radio programs, and provides online resources at a constellation of websites, including kera.org, keranews.org, kxt.org and artandseek.org. As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
We are currently seeking an individual to join our Major Gifts team. Under the direction of the Senior VP of Major Gifts, the Director of Planned Giving will oversee the management of the Ralph B. Rogers Society. The Director will be responsible for the overall administration of estate gift expectancies to KERA/KXT and inquiry of new planned gift intentions, utilizing planned giving best practices in order to help KERA/KXT achieve short and long-term fundraising goals and build a strong culture of philanthropy. This individual will also assist with operational, administrative, and event activities designed to engage, cultivate, steward, expand and diversify current and prospective donors for KERA/KXT.
· Conduct initial review and analysis of legal documentation received to administer current planned gift expectancies through wills, trust and other deferred giving instruments in which KERA/KXT is named a beneficiary.
· Maintain proactive and appropriate communication with fiduciaries and attorneys concerning estate settlement status to help secure the maximum, most cost-effective distributions.
· Work with Senior Vice President to help create a network of financial advisors and estate planning attorneys who desire to support the mission of KERA/KXT through their practice.
· Partner with Marketing Department to write and/or produce communications related to the Ralph B. Rogers Society including acknowledgement correspondence, newsletters and invitations.
· Maximize efficiency and accuracy of Major Gift’s program by effectively managing donor database account information through ongoing data input, data cleaning, the addition of interactions and research, and regular review of database reports and file pulls.
· Work with major gifts staff to develop donor and moves management strategies.
· Work with marketing and member services to grow and diversify donor base.
· Produce daily, monthly, and yearly reports of departmental fundraising achievements and donor interactions.
· Support execution of marketing strategies and cultivation events for the Ralph B. Rogers program.
· Work with staff and volunteers to identify and cultivate new members to the planned giving society.
· Develop strategies for increasing retention of current members of the planned giving society.
· Manage departmental financial reporting including reconciliation with accounting office.
· Participate in department-wide strategic planning, restricted funding solicitation of individuals and foundations, and planned giving program.
· Other duties as assigned.
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you don't meet every job qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be a good fit, we'd like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
· A bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent fundraising and planned giving experience.
· Five to seven years of fundraising and planned giving experience in a non-profit setting.
· Experience navigating estate court filings and procedures and in reviewing and understanding inventories, court accountings and financial statements
· Ability to communicate basic planned giving techniques in concept and application.
· Knowledge and confidence in the areas of estate and trust law is preferred.
· Highly organized and detailed in order to manage the planning and execution of multiple activities at any given time.
· Able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, problem solve and meet deadlines.
· A self-starter who will take charge of an assignment and ask questions as needed.
· Excellent communicator, including writing, proofreading and speaking.
· Possesses professional interpersonal and social skills suitable to working with a variety of staff, major donors, leadership volunteers, speakers/entertainers and their representatives, as well as vendors/contractors.
· Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
· Always displays high ethics and responsibility.
· Has a keen desire to deliver exceptional customer service.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Must have valid driver's license and be willing to travel in the North Texas metro area.
· Occasional evening and weekend work is required during events.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range supporters and potential supporters representing various interests within our community.
KERA is currently operating remotely due to the pandemic, and this job will primarily be performed remotely at this time. We expect that this position will eventually work out of our office on either a full or part-time basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a resume, cover letter and let us know how you found out about this position. Submit your application via kera.org. Click here.
NTPB offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package based upon professional experience and achievement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KERA believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.