The Major Gift Officer has the responsibility for assuring the successful achievement of Family Legacy’s fundraising goals each year. The Major Gift Officer will have primary responsibility for building relationships and the development of an assigned major gift portfolio. The Major Gift Officer will work in collaboration with the Development Team, Sponsorships Team, Senior Leadership and Board members to engage and solicit major gifts to meet annual major gift revenue goals.
- Represent Family Legacy in a positive, pleasant manner by always providing excellent customer service. Serves as a role model and adheres to Standards of Behaviors. Handles requests and concerns in a friendly, fair and impartial manner. Supports the Ministry’s mission, vision and values.
- Uphold the integrity of the organization at all times, working collaboratively with colleagues and volunteers to ensure its smooth operation.
- Build and manage a portfolio of approximately 150-200 prospective and current donors in the North Texas area, creating and following a specific communication/solicitation plan (with goal) for each donor and striving to develop strong and lasting relationships with them as well as requesting their help as Hosts and Participants in event marketing opportunities for Sponsorship Acquisition, Meal and School Supply Packing events, Camp Life recruitment and other promotional activities.
- Participate as a Family Legacy Host at various events in the North Texas area such as Meal and School Packing Events, NextGen Events, Camp Life and Mission Trip events, many of which are held during weekend and evening hours.
- Identify donor philanthropic interests, share giving opportunities that align with Family Legacy’s funding priorities, present proposals, and close gifts.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to upgrade current donors to higher levels of giving, recover support from lapsed donors, and acquire new donors.
- Establish and work to meet annual goals for the major gifts program in general and help shape overall strategies to continually increase major gifts revenue by analyzing donor data and giving trends.
- Measure outreach efforts using standard metrics with the minimum goals/expectations: Plan and conduct and record no less than 12-15 face-to-face donor meetings each month. Conduct and record in Family Legacy’s fundraising database an average of 10-15 meaningful calls per week.
- Work with Development Team to develop the overall donor stewardship effort, engaging staff, board members, and volunteers as appropriate.
- Advise and prepare senior staff and board members who may participate in fundraising efforts. Includes defining objectives for donor meetings, writing talking points, creating proposals, writing correspondence, and organizing collateral materials as needed.
- Assist in corporate sponsor and grant solicitation.
- Assist in Sponsorship communication efforts.
- Utilize Family Legacy’s fundraising database to maintain accurate and timely records of all interactions with donors and to track gift asks/pledges/receivables/receipts.
- Prepare documentation/reporting required by donors and arrange for recognition as appropriate.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org