The Operations Specialist assists in ensuring that the Opportunity Center runs smoothly and provides a welcoming, safe, and secure environment. The position is highly focused on providing preventive and reliability focused maintenance of the campus operating systems. This position also provides support to other CitySquare-run properties.
This section describes the primary responsibilities of an employee in this position.
Please note: The primary responsibilities of this position are not limited to this list.
- Utilizes and further develops preventive, predictive, and reliability-based maintenance processes to continually improve campus systems.
- Assists in planning process for periodic inspections.
- Escorts contractors and vendors to work on campus systems.
- Monitors and reports equipment performance and needs.
- Provides proper maintenance reporting and documentation.
- Provides “hands-on” skills and knowledge to efficiently and effectively make needed repairs.
- Must be comfortable with manual labor; such as pick up & delivery of heavy items.
- Some landscaping work required.
- Must be willing to be on-call, nights & weekends, to respond to maintenance needs.
- Provide competent and courteous customer service to CitySquare staff, volunteers, and visitors.
- Must be able to communicate and respond to CitySquare staff with professional competency via email and orally.
- Works closely with the Operations Manager to support appropriate planning, coordination, and budgeting of operational activities and requirements. .
- Be knowledgeable of our programs and services offered by us and the other tenants at the OC.
- Serve as the point of contact for deliveries from Vendors.
- As a member of the Operations department, attend all meetings and assist in the success of the Operations team.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 3 years of related experience in field preferred. Non-profit experience a plus. Bi-lingual preferred.
Licensure/Certification: HVAC, plumbing, automotive or electrical certification preferred
Additional Requirements: Excellent driving record.
Medical and Prescription Drug, Health Savings Account, GAP Insurance, Dental, Vision, Optional Life and AD&D Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and 401k.
Additional Benefits Offered:
401K - Eligible to receive 5% (if contribution is 10%) Match after 30 days of employment 100% vested after 2 years of service. Generous PTO offered! During the first year of employment, you can earn up to 120 hours (equivalent to about 15 days). PTO increase to 184 hours during 2nd year of service 9 paid holidays plus CitySquare offices are closed during Christmas Holiday season.
Benefits at no Cost to CitySquare Employees:
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance $20,000 basic coverage, Employee Assistance Program, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Alight.
Please go to https://apply.workable.com/citysquare/j/8518DB0EAB/apply/ to upload your resume & complete the application process.