Lomdim means “learners” in Hebrew and is the name of our educational program serving students with disabilities, meeting the needs of all types of learners. The Lomdim Coordinator serves a deeply important role in our community, ensuring it is inclusive of all our students. This professional will supervise and provide ongoing direction, assessment, feedback and training to our Lomdim faculty and guidance to our YL+E and Temple staff. The position will provide ongoing observation and review of all our Lomdim students and faculty. Additionally, our Lomdim Coordinator will provide professional development opportunities for our Lomdim faculty during the school year.
PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- Ability to relate to kinds and adults of all ages and abilities
- Expertise in the education and engagement of students with disabilities and their families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Direct the Lomdim program, which serves students with disabilities and their families, to ensure their meaningful involvement and success in our religious school programs.
- Supervise Lomdim faculty and be available to answer their questions after classes.
- Create relationships with our Lomdim students and their families.
- Coordinate and assist with training for faculty and staff.
- Support mainstream classroom teachers in modifying instruction and providing accommodation as needed for each Lomdim
- Teach and/or provide curriculum ideas to the partial pull-out classroom.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Inclusion or the Senior Director of Education and Engagement
HOURS: 24 Sunday mornings during the school year, 3-4 hours per Sunday; additional 1.5 hours for professional development 6 Sundays
DEPARTMENT: Youth Learning + Engagement
REPORTS TO: Director of Inclusion
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to Temple Emanu-El's Director of Inclusion, Lorraine Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org