The Lead Membership Representative position will serve as the primary point of contact for members as they enter the Zoo. They will sell memberships, fulfill benefits and assist with member outreach. They will lead shifts, ensuring proactive sales, exceptional customer service, accurate data collection, and efficient time management. The selected candidate for this position will work 40 hours per week. Weekend and holiday work will be required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as an “ambassador” of the Dallas Zoo, providing outstanding customer service to current and prospective members and Zoo guests.
• Work as Shift Lead as assigned.
• Sell memberships at the Member Services Booth and outside entrance as well as within the Zoo itself. Be able to reach set goals each month. Will be knowledgeable about the benefits at each level, clearly explaining how membership supports both the patron and the Zoo.
• Be responsible for shift goals and projects.
• Assign tasks and projects to membership representatives during shift.
• Assist in training new Membership Representatives.
• Communicate with members in-person, via email, and over the phone. Ensure follow-up is completed in a timely way during each shift and clearly communicate follow-up needed during upcoming shifts.
• Utilize Tessitura to enter data regarding new and renewing members.
• Responsible for preparing membership materials for use onsite
• Assist in maintaining a tidy, efficiently organized, and welcoming membership booth.
• Utilize Tessitura to enter data regarding new and renewing members. Ensure accurate data
• Staff public programs and member events, often overseeing areas/activities.
• Assist with special events and activities for members.
• Provide administrative task assistance as needed (e.g. mailings, etc)
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Two years of relevant membership or customer service experience.
• Proficient in speaking Spanish preferred.
• Extensive cashier experience with the ability to accurately handle large amounts of cash and perform daily balances and reporting.
• Personable presence and demeanor with the desire to engage in personal contact with the public.
• Sound judgment and the ability to quickly and effectively solve problems.
• Command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Tessitura ticketing system preferred.
• Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends and evenings as assigned.
• Ability to work indoors and outdoors with exposure to cold and heat.
• Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull, bend, climb stairs and ladders, and lift/carry 50lbs.
• Must have a valid Texas driver’s license to be able to operate Zoo vehicles
• Commitment to the mission and values of the Dallas Zoo.
Successful candidates must complete pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Please follow this link to apply: