Job Title: Lead Family Support Specialist
Program: Empowering Families Project (EFP)
Requirements: BA/BS degree required in human service field. MA/MS in human service field preferred.
Experience: One year supervisory experience preferred.
Job Summary: Every family faces challenges. From bills to communication skills, to raising healthy, thriving children we all need help to make our families stronger. If your passion is helping families thrive, consider joining the Empowering Families Project, a dynamic, federally-funded healthy marriage program. In this position, you will lead Family Support Specialists in providing relationship and parenting education and case management services, including connections to resources, planning and achieving goals, and mitigating risk factors for child abuse, domestic violence, and substance abuse. You will ensure services are implemented using strengths-based and trauma-informed practices, and ensure curriculum fidelity. You will participate in program meetings, community meetings, and work closely with Project Director to provide ongoing staff training. You will assist with recruitment in order to reach program output goals. You will ensure high level of team functioning through proactive team building. You must follow and enforce all policies for the agency and the Empowering Families Project, including federal grant guidelines. Job duties will include a case load and evening duties with class cohorts. Duties for other agency initiatives will also be required.
At The Parenting Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, we provide services to meet the needs of children and parents alike. The Parenting Center was started in 1975 after the Junior League of Fort Worth formed the Tarrant County Child Abuse Task Force in response to the growing problem of child abuse and neglect in our community. We believe stronger families mean a stronger community.
Our Mission: To provide family members and professionals with the tools, resources, and services to build successful families.
Our Vision: To be a catalyst for positive parenting and to END child abuse.
Partial List of Qualifications/Skills:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred
- Knowledge or experience in social services and marriage and/or parent education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Ability to organize work and prioritize duties.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and knowledge of cultural competency.
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship with program staff and community.
- Must have own transportation, a valid Texas driver’s license, and auto liability insurance.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding client and agency business.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Hours: Full-time with ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Please include a cover letter. Specify the position for which you are applying and salary requirements.
Submit resume to: Stephanie Warren, Empowering Families Project Director
The Parenting Center
2928 W 5th Street
Fort Worth, TX 76107