Just Say YES (JSY) is looking for a dynamic individual to join our growing team!
About Just Say YES:
Just Say YES – Youth Equipped to Succeed is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization located in Richardson, Texas. Just Say YES strives to empower students to say YES to their dreams and goals, and NO to risk behaviors such as: drugs, alcohol, unhealthy relationships and bullying. For 16 years, JSY has provided dynamic speakers, peer-to-peer mentoring and other resources to students, educators and parents across the nation.
Job Description: Bookkeeper
JSY is looking for a part-time experienced Bookkeeper (25 -30 hours per week) to assist in managing our day to day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are required qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- Accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger.
- Payment processing
- Prepare monthly reports
- Monthly bank and CC reconciliations.
- Research payment disputes and billing errors.
- Record journal entries.
- Prepare sales tax returns.
- Responsible for semi-monthly payroll processing.
- Prepare quarterly payroll tax returns.
- File W-2's, and 1099's.
- Work with CPA on all matters including bi-annual audit and year-end accounting for IRS Form 990 preparations.
- Assist with certain Human Resources functions.
- Maintain and update current year and long term financial filing system.
- Proven bookkeeping with QuickBooks experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with SalesForce helpful.
- A background HR is a positive
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Experience or equivalent experience
- Bookkeeping experience: 4 + years (Required)
Please send cover letter and resume WITH salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org