Essilor Vision Foundation (EVF) is seeking an experienced development professional to serve as Institutional Giving Manager/Grant Relations. This role will provide oversight, management, and strategic leadership on the foundation and corporate giving revenue streams, including local, national, and potentially federal funding sources. They will be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage proposals to institutions in pursuit of grants, sponsorships, and fee for service opportunities. This position is part of a small development team that values resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism and a can-do attitude.
The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. Previous experience will demonstrate a proven track record in face to face donor solicitations, direct donor relationship management, securing new funding, comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities for special projects or programs.
- Develop prospect strategies for a portfolio of institutional prospects, securing $1.5 million in renewed or new funding in 2021.
- Identify, establish, and implement new long-term relationships with institutions that advance the mission of the organization through positive and measurable impacts on EVF.
- Appointment set and represent EVF at introductory and ongoing institutional stakeholder meetings and discussions.
- Lead face to face donor meetings, solicitations and negotiations.
- Manage the reporting process for existing foundation grants, ensure timely submission of reports, provide quality stewardship, seek renewal grants, and develop opportunities to increase foundation investment in EVF.
- Identify new prospective funders and manage proposal submissions through the entire cycle of institutional engagement (cultivation, iterative proposal development, and submission).
- Serve as the lead grant/proposal writer for EVF. Write, edit, and submit letters of intent and full proposals in collaboration with part time support.
- Develop grant agreement/proposal templates and assist with negotiating institutional awards.
- Maintain current records in database, including grant / proposal tracking and reporting.
- Other projects as assigned by the Director of Development.
- 3+ years demonstrated success and experience as a development officer, or having performed many of the responsibilities of a development officer
- 2+ years demonstrated success and experience in writing grants or proposals
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite and/or Google Office Suite
- Experience with Salesforce.com strongly preferred
- Extremely strong oral and written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals
- Strong attention to detail
- Graphic design experience a plus but not required
*No relocation offered for this position*
Please apply directly to our external job posting.