Position Title: Human Resources Generalist
Position Type: Full-time (12-month)
Reports To: Controller
Location: Dallas, TX 75252
About June Shelton School
June Shelton School & Evaluation Center enjoys the distinction of being the world’s largest independent school for bright children with learning differences. Founded in 1976, Shelton is dedicated to making a difference by serving and empowering the lives of students who learn differently. While the school is clearly the centerpiece of its mission, Shelton is more than a school. It encompasses three other major components, all open to the community—a speech and language therapy program, an evaluation center, and a teacher-training program. Shelton is actively involved with research and collaborates with major medical institutions in the Dallas area, including Children’s Medical Center and UT Southwestern Medical Center. The Shelton School is a co-educational, non-sectarian school that serves approximately 900 students with learning differences in grades EC to 12. The Shelton School is accredited by Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS).
Under direct supervision of the Controller, this position will assist in the daily operation of the Human Resources Office to include recruiting & talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations & conflict resolution, agency compliance & audit, policies & procedures, HRIS management, employee training & development, compensation & benefits administration, and other daily functions assigned by the Controller and CFO in support of the Business Office. The position requires knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws.
Attendance and punctuality are essential to the successful performance of this job. Because of the daily interaction with employees and managers, it is essential that the person in this position maintains good attendance.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in human resources.
- School experience is a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Paycor HRIS desired.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must be a self-starter, team player, and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
You may apply online at https://www.shelton.org/about-us/career-opportunities.