To apply: Submit resume and cover letter to HumanResources@fulfillment.org
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Human Resource function.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Supervisor.)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Annually reviews and assists in making recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance
- Assists in maintaining organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters; including personnel, medical, and I-9 files.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues.
- Responsible for the new hire process, including ad placements, initial screenings and background verifications. Interface with other departments (i.e. finance and IT) and PEO for employee on boarding.
- Coordinate with PEO the processing of new hire onboarding, orientation, and deboarding paperwork as needed.
- Facilitate PEO’s administration of benefits, including on-line enrollments and terminations.
- Maintains applicant flow log; Posts and manages job postings on various websites; Conducts reference and background checks
- Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Assists in communicating changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensure that proper compliance is followed.
- Coordinates annual performance review process; provide summary analysis to management.
- Works with Department managers to assist them in carrying out management responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Proactively recommends, evaluates and participates in staff professional development for the organization.
- Assists PEO in maintaining a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Maintains and updates job descriptions and performs exempt classification analysis when warranted.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Light administration duties covering phones when needed, mail, internal office communications, copying and organizing of files.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Highest ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrated critical thinking with the ability to solve problems by gathering data, reasoning logically, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including excel, word, access and outlook.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and California Employment Laws.
- Have experience in training implementation, facilitation and design.
- The ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, and use judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Interest and ability to work in a diverse organization while displaying and promoting sensitivity to cultural differences.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree preferred, minimum of 4 years’ experience in Human Resources, preferably in a non-profit organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: PHR or SHRM credentials, preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk to hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid outside conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.