Position Function: The HR Director is responsible for aligning agency and human resources objectives in designated units. The position serves as an advisor to management on human resource-related issues, is an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, communicates them proactively with other members of the HR department and business management, and works collaboratively in developing integrated solutions. The position is responsible for forming partnerships to deliver aligned value-added services to management and employees that reflects the objectives of the agency. The HR Director maintains an effective level of literacy about the business unit's strategic objectives, financial position, its culture, and its external partners. The position is responsible for assisting with compliance with grants and contracts, assisting with employee issues, supporting program teams with human resource support, and ensuring that programs receive support in hiring, retention, employee satisfaction, terminations, exit interviews and leadership development.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Minimum of 8 to 10 years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues. Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws. Experience working in nonprofit or social services areas preferred. Proficient in Microsoft suite.
Working Conditions: Driving to different work locations throughout Region 3b. Walking, and using computers for long hours / sitting for long hours. Minimum exposure to children with behavior problems, including possible physical aggression
Exposure to Confidential Information: Maintain confidentiality & follow policies related to: personnel records, client records, payroll records, and ACH’s financial records.
- Is part of the leadership team for both the business unit and Human Resources, participating in regular meetings.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance as appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and procedures.
- Provides input in the development of HR processes and deploys them in the respective business unit, including: Performance Management, Talent Management, Compensation Frameworks, Recognition, Employee Development plans and Engagement Action plans.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with other HR team members and/or legal counsel as needed.
- Supports supervisors end to end with the process related to creating new positions, from job definition, approvals, training checklists to sourcing.
- Participates in recruitment process by targeting specialized candidates, providing sourcing ideas, attending job fairs, assessing candidates and onboarding.
- Provides on going performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides employee coaching.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention, implementing best practices around employee communication, recognition, wellness and team building.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Support business unit change initiatives by being a change management advisor and champion.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Manages state HR compliance by auditing and updating employee records including but not limited to licenses, backgrounds, resumes, rosters etc.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures.
Please apply online at www.HireMeACH.org